Recently

29 March 2014

Twinkle Bath Bomb


I've had this bath bomb tucked away for a couple of years now; it's one I completely forgot that I had. It was only recently, when I decided to sort out my Lush drawer, that I found it hidden beneath the larger ballistics. 

Lush describe the ballistic as 'compact, and delightful, - scented with our glorious Shimmy Shimmy fragrance and shimmers tastefully with golden sparkles. This is our new favourite and we don't want it to leave us..."

Released as a Christmas product, Twinkle is a smaller sized ballistic, weighing in at just under 95g. Packed full of vanilla, sage and lavender oil, this light-green bath bomb is decorated with lots of golden lustre that coats it's outer shell and makes it super sparkle.

What first attracted me to this bath bomb, is that Lush claimed it shares the scent of both American Cream and Shimmy Shimmy, the former being one of my favourite fragrances ever. Unfortunately, the scent was predominantly on the jasmine side, so I could barely recognise the American Cream reference.

Despite this, the bath bomb does soften the water slightly and leaves your skin really soft and smelling so yummy. The scent that I picked up was a slightly fizzy, fruity smell with a slight floral element - like lemonade entwined with a hint of lavender.

Furthermore, it doesn't do much in the water; mine sunk to the bottom of the tub and dissolved really quickly, turning the water a very faint shade of green, which dispersed almost as quickly as it appeared. I suspect this is partly to do with it's age, however, there are many reports that say that the fresh variety didn't do much beyond what my one did.

Overall, this is not a bath bomb that made a particularly strong impression on me, and not one I'd want to buy again.This might be better as a larger ballistic, and I would consider trialling one if Lush strengthened the scent somewhat. However, there are many superior bath bombs that I have a choice of so it's unlikely I'll use this one again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida) Benzoin Resinold (Styrax benzoin), Coumarin, Colour 42045, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer.)

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
American Cream Body Lotion
American Cream Conditioner
American Cream Liquid Perfume
American Cream Shower Gel
American Cream Solid Perfume
American Pie Shower Jelly
Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar
I Am 10 Bubble Bar
Twinkle Bath Ballistic






 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP