Recently

25 March 2014

Celebrate / Snowshowers Shower Gel


When I first got my greedy mitts on a bottle of Snow Showers Shower Gel, I wasn't overly enamoured with the scent. In the bottle, it gives off a slightly citrusy smell, very similar to how orange squash smells before it's been diluted. For this reason, it was nothing worth writing home about and I stuck it to back of my pile, with the hope of using it up whenever I got around to doing so. However, once I started using it in the shower, I was instantly bowled over, and regretted giving it the cold shoulder beforehand.

Before shortening it's title, this product was originally known as Champagne Snow Showers - taken from Lush's bath ballistic of the same name. The fragrance was based on the celebratory drink; a lively, sweet, effervescent white grape smell with elements of citrusy orange and acidic lime. In the bottle, these smells combine to give a rather two-dimensional scent. However, once those fruity elements come into contact with the heat of the shower, you can really pick out the different layers of the fragrance, which is such a wonderful experience. 

Furthermore, this shower gel is a thick, pearly-white colour that screams 'luxury' - you really feel like a queen/king when sharing a shower with this product! Snow Showers redeems itself even more when you use it for the first time, and experience the softness of the gel - it's probably the lightest shower gel that I've ever tried from Lush.

Although it's a little difficult to get out of the bottle, once it does show itself, you need very little to produce a large amount of lather; I found that half a grape's worth can easily clean your entire body. It comes out like a body lotion and instantly made my skin feel silky soft. What's more, the combination of different oils and fruit mean that your skin glistens after use - not in a greasy synthetic way, more that the shower gel gives you a natural healthy glow.   
Despite what the name suggests, this is not solely a winter-based product. Although originally released for Christmas, this shower gel would work especially well in the summer. It's a refreshing but sophisticated scent that'll linger on your skin for hours and leave you feeling as if you've been kissed all over by a rather exotic-smelling angel. 

I only had to use Snow Showers Shower Gel once to recognise that this is one of Lush's more superior shower gels, and I'm extremely grateful that I've had a chance to try it. Now I fully recognise why Lushies go ballistic (no pun intended!) over products scented with this fragrance! I only hope that Lush bring it back at some point, as I'm getting to the end of my bottle and will be very sad when it's gone. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Elderflower Infusion (Sambucusnigra),water (Aqua), Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Sodium LaurethSulfate, Fine Sea Salt, Cocamide MEA, GlycerylStearate& PEG 100 Stearate, LaurylBetaine, Glycol Cetearate, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsiachinensis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Cognac Oil (Vitisvinifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner

No comments

Post a Comment


UP