Recently

9 March 2014

Tulip Mum Reusable Bubble Bar




...And so I reach the last seasonal review.With all of the new Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Easter products, I feel like I've spent the last month living in my bath. My flatmates would argue that I've probably spent more time in their tub, than I have in my own bed, and there's already talks about the 'dreaded' water bill at the end of this month. I wish I could say that I've left the best until last but unfortunately this is not the case. 

Tulip Mum Reusable Bubble Bar is a pretty looking product, and fits in nicely alongside The Mum and Madame Butterfly. Much like both of these other limited edition 'wands', this one has also taken a popular scent from Lush's regular range, and repackaged it for a seasonal release.

Possessing a blend of ylang ylang, clary sage and jasmine oils, this product shares it's scent with the popular Sex Bomb Ballistic. The ingredients have been combined to help you unwind and clear your thoughts - exactly what a hard-working mother might need. The jasmine is the key ingredient here as, known for being an aphrodisiac, it'll help to ease stress and anxiety. The other ingredients merge together to create a slightly spicy, and very gentle, floral fragrance.

As with the other two reusable bubble bars, the Tulip Mum is very reasonably priced. For £5.95, this bubble bar can be used multiple times, making it a lot cheaper than a normal bubble bar or ballistic. Lush claim that you can reuse these bars a good five or six times, although I found that this one would probably only squeeze three or four baths out in total. 

As you can see from my video, I used Tulip Mum by holding it under the tap, where it immediately beings to spew out a nice amount of soft bubbles. If you're not a fan of too many bubbles, you can opt to swish this around the tub instead. The great thing about all of Lush's reusable bubble bars, is that you have complete control over deciding how strong you wish your bath to be, meaning that this bubble bar can last as long as you want it to.

Surprisingly, the original bubble bar didn't change the colour of the water at all, which was disappointing when you considered how beautiful Sex Bomb was once it had been dissolved. However, the reformulated version created a wonderful golden yellow colour, which was definitely appreciated. Furthermore, the fragrance of the newer bubble bar was a little stronger, and I found that the fragrance was actually a little more enjoyable than the one offered with the bath bomb. 
Overall, the bubbles were nice and soft and they did help to moisturise and soften my skin, but the whole experience was definitely not one of my favourites. As I'm not a big fan of the scent family, this bubble bar was never going to overly impress me. However, if you love Sex Bomb or jasmine-scented products, you'll no doubt love this. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerine, Glycerine, Cornflour, Citric Acid, Perfume, Lemon Peel Powder, Synthetic Musk, Jasmine Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Lilial, Methyl Ionone, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Scent Family:
Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly
Joy Of Jelly Shower Jelly
Love Soap
The North Polar Left The Tap On Soap
Sex Bomb Bath Bomb
Sex Bomb Body Lotion
Sex Bomb Solid Perfume
Tulip Mum Reusable Bubble Bar



No comments

Post a Comment


UP