Recently

11 August 2018

Brave Mouthwash Tabs



When Lush invited me to attend the live press release for the launch of their new mouthwash tabs a couple of years ago, I was as excited about the brand new concept as I was about the event itself. After an immersive day learning everything that there was to know about these strange new products, I have never been tempted to revert back to the liquid format again. 

Since the initial launch, there was not any indication that Lush were working on expanding the range, until Brave Mouthwash Tabs made an appearance in the Lush Labs release last month. So far removed from the original three flavours available in stores, it doesn't seem at all conducive to compare them to their older siblings. Yet Brave are by far the best tasting of the bunch, and may even be the most affective as well. 

Packed full of Brazilian orange and tangerine oils, these little beauties taste more like a sweet than a product design to protect your teeth. Yet they leave the mouth feeling and tasting super fresh, without overpowering your tastebuds if you wish to eat soon afterwards. 

From the bottle, you can smell the playful fruity element of the citrus oils, combined with a gentle spicy note from the clove bud. There is also a mildly cooling note from the menthol crystals, although I only recognised it being there because of the fact that I already knew they were featured in the ingredients list. The latter ingredient doesn't really have much of an impact on the taste of the tabs: more that it helps to create the fresh feeling afterwards.  

To use, I found it easiest to take a sip of water and then pop a single tab into my mouth - nibbling it with my back teeth before swishing, gargling and spitting out. Adding the water first meant that I didn't get any bits of tab left in my mouth during or after the experience, and this saved me from having to carry out a second swish to clear these bits between my teeth.

Each of the mouthwashes also contains xylitol - a natural substance that is found in certain fruits and vegetables and is used in foods and cosmetics as a refined sweetener. This ingredient has been proven to cause none of the harmful effects that sugar can have on the teeth, is perfect for diabetics as it doesn't effect blood sugar levels at all, yet offers the sweetness to help give these tabs their interesting but enjoyable flavours.

Brave Mouthwash Tabs taste very much like an orange fruity sweet. I could easily envisage their flavour featuring in a packet of Refreshers, or something to that effect. In fact, I used these many times during my recent trip to Thailand, when I was craving something decadent and naughty to eat, but didn't have the means of purchasing anything to match my cravings.

These mouthwash tabs are perfect for those who don't enjoy using the overpowering liquid alternatives in other shops: the ones that can burn your gums and numb your tongue because of how strong these are. Alcohol free as well, these are far more natural, as well as being super tasty: perfect to carry in your handbag for those moments where your breath is questionable or your teeth just feel a little grimy. 

Lush recommend that you keep the mouthwash in your mouth for a good minute. This allows the ingredients to get to work at cleaning the mouth and deodorising the tongue so you get the maximum results possible. It's important to note that you should try to avoid rinsing your mouth out with water after using one of these tabs. This could stop the mouthwash from being as effective as you'd be removing the traces of ingredients that would have otherwise been working on keeping your mouth as clean as possible.

I found that my teeth felt super shiny afterwards, and I genuinely felt like I had brushed my teeth. These tabs gave me the confidence to use instead of gum during the day, and the results stayed with me for an impressive amount of time afterwards. Given the nature of the flavour, you can use these right before consuming something else, and your taste buds will not be altered at all.

Overall, I am super impressed with these tabs, and will be adding them to my regular order. As a bottle contains enough tabs for two months of daily use, they work out far cheaper than me purchasing a large bottle or two of the liquid version, and I feel like my oral health is far more impressive after using these regularly.

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica, Citric Acid, Glycerine, Sorbitol, Malic Acid, Stevia, Xylitol, Clove Bud Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Tangerine Oil, Menthol Crystals, Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Flavour, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £6.50 for 45g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP