Recently

8 August 2018

Little Pot Of Energy Solid Naked Body Lotion



Lush have only released a single naked body lotion before, and that was Once Upon A Time last Christmas. Whilst initially skeptical about whether I'd notice a difference between that and a massage bar, I found that there were subtle differences that made the release of this format relevant, even with a regular version of the body lotion produced alongside it as well. 

This time I don't have a liquid version of Little Pot Of Energy to compare this naked version too, as Lush have only offered the solid edition so far. However, what I will say is that I don't think I have ever wanted to eat a product as much as I have this one, and a liquid body lotion would be the icing on the cake right about now.

You only have to read the ingredients list to tingle your senses and make your mouth salivate. A generous helping of both orange and grapefruit purees mean that this naked body lotion not only offers you a powerful remedy for dull, lifeless skin, but gives off a smell that will tempt you to bite down on the damn thing before you've released what you're doing. 

The fragrance from Little Pot Of Energy is incredibly powerful: a bright, zesty and very fruity collaboration that sees the sharpness of the grapefruit come forward and intertwine with the sweetness of the orange. Both ingredients create a scent that smells like the sweetest, freshest bowl of fruit sorbet that you have ever experienced before in your life. On the skin, this aroma stays with you long after the oils have permeated your skin, and you'll be able to smell this on your clothes the next day.   

To apply, you can either massage this directly across your skin, or between the palms of your hands and then transfer it onto your body that way. I found it easier to do the former, although I should warn you that don't want to completely cover your skin with it. Sliding it over most parts will create enough 'lotion' to then distribute across the rest of your body. The naked tub then needs to be stored somewhere cool and dry, preferably with a piece of grease proof paper underneath so that it doesn't leave any sticky marks. Just like a massage bar, this product will dry almost instantly when it's not exposed to your body heat, so you don't have to worry about it melting when left unattended.

What I found with the naked version is that the consistency of the lotion is far thinner than that of the regular variation. In fact, I thought that this limited edition was almost like a massage bar - as it produces more of an oil-based lather as opposed to a cream. However, it is certainly not as sticky as a massage bar can be, and would definitely suit those who opposed lotions that take ages to absorb into the skin.

Within thirty seconds to a minute of applying the naked lotion across my skin, I found that the 'wetness' had disappeared, yet my skin had a beautiful gleam to it that stayed for a whole afterwards. My skin looked, felt and smelt invigorated and rejuvenated, and within a few days of using this regularly, I could notice an improvement in the suppleness and plumpness of my skin. The hot conditions in Asia have definitely affected my skin over these last few months, and this little beauty has helped to add much-needed moisture whilst I'm travelling.

What is great about this naked body lotion is that it travels well. While you'll have to keep it contained in a small bag or tin, the lotion doesn't melt in transit, and holds up really well in even the hottest of conditions. Furthermore, it's far easier to store as it takes up less room than a full sized body lotion, and can even be taken as hand luggage if you're not checking in any bags. 

Little Pot Of Energy travelled with myself, my partner and his daughter for three weeks in thirty degrees heat. We all used it at least once a day to moisturise our entire bodies, and the little tub lasted right up until the last day. Compared to that of a regular-sized tub of Lush body lotion, this probably offers slightly more usage, and is much better suited in the warmer weather as it doesn't feel so cloying on the skin.

This is definitely something that I would invest in regularly: it's easily one of my favourite ever Lush body lotions. It gave my skin and my senses lots of energy with every use, and it made me feel as if I was carrying around a pot of sunshine in my bag. Simply beautiful.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Colombian Cocoa Butter, Orange Puree, Pink Grapefruit Puree, Almond Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Japan Wax, Carnauba Wax, Grapefruit Oil, Perfume, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 19140:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £10.95 for 125g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP