Recently

10 August 2018

Let Go 'Atmosphere' Naked Shower Gel

 

Letting go of physical attachments was one of the easiest things I've been able to achieve recently in my life. However, letting go of human attachments is a struggle that I live with every day. Being able to be completely at one with yourself is a hard task that requires years and years of 'practice', and lots of self love. So I forgive myself for not being as far along in my journey as I'd like to be at 32 years old.

I'm no stranger to physiologically clinging to the stresses of every day life. It's very easy to unconsciously define who you are through the physical and emotional struggles that you go through every day. They key to letting go is quite the art form, and one that I am still striving to better myself in all the time.

Packaged in an experimental naked format, Let Go Atmosphere Shower Gel is supposed to eradicate the need for plastic bottles or tubs. The outer casing is made from an ingredient found in seaweed, which Lush claim can either be washed away as it dissolves under the running water, or thrown onto a compost heap - where it will disintegrate very quickly.

Unfortunately, as I have stated in all four of my reviews, these limited edition gels can only be purchased as a set of four, and will set you back £12 for the privilege, which I find it be rather expensive. Having said that, this is hopefully just an early prototype, and if these gels make an appearance in the near future, I hope that the quantity size won't be so limited, and the price tag will match that of the other shower gels that Lush already sell.

With only lavender oil in the ingredients list, you can no doubt envisage what this shower gel smells like before even buying one. The simplicity of the lavender is definitely one of the strengths of Let Go. It offers a naturally sweet, herbal thread of lavender that intensifies a little in the shower. Furthermore, I found that it definitely altered my mood after using it, and I felt far more chilled out after doing so.    

With all four of the Atmosphere Shower Gels, I found that they didn't lather up as well as any of Lush's other former gels. While the consistency was rather thick and the gel itself was noticeably moisturising, I found that I was unable to create much of a lather at all. However, I found that Let Go was very mildly more successful than the other three variations. 

I found that I was able to gage a little more foaminess than I was expecting, and this meant I was able to use slightly less than I had with the other three Atmospheres. Having said that, I found that I still had to use much more gel than I normally would a regular shower gel, just to feel as though I had cleaned myself thoroughly.

Despite the wonderful fragrance that this product offered me throughout my shower, I was a little disappointed that the scent still wasn't as strong as I would usually expect from a regular Lush shower gel. And while I was able to detect a mild note of lavender on the ends of my hair after use, the scent didn't linger on my skin at all after towelling myself down.

While Mark Constantine suggests that these are one-use shower gels, I could easily get 3-4 showers out of a single pod. Having said that, I feel as if I could have gotten far more uses if the shower gel had lathered up a little more. For £3 a piece, I want to make the most of these shower gels, and so at this stage I'm not willing to divulge it all in a single moment. However, if the gels get tweaked before release; made stronger in scent; and given more lathering power, I'd be happy to invest in this one again, as I did enjoy the fragrance that it offered. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Calcium Lactate, Fine Sea Salt, Lavender Oil, Xanthan Gum, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3 each (although not currently sold separately)


Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP