Recently

8 August 2018

Koyaanisqatsi Shower Bomb




There is something rather magical about the name of this shower bomb: something that stood out to me above the other two variations that arrived in the same package. While the scent didn't make itself known to me until I tried it out for the first time in the shower, there was something about the wonderful about the fragrance that bowled me over, and I would definitely consider buying a few more of these in the near future.

Koyaanisqatsi is one of three brand new shower bombs to make themselves known last month, after being revealed as part of August's Lush Labs release. Shaped like an old fashioned spinning top, this beauty boasts four different kinds of lavender in the ingredients list, and promises to help remove those restless tendencies that cloud the brain and weigh heavy on your mood.

Containing lavender oil, lavender absolute, lavandin absolute and lavandin oil, you'd expect this shower bomb to be overwhelming when it comes to the scent. However, Lush have balanced these four components to offer a gentle, natural lavender scent - with all of the floral and herbal qualities that you would expect from the flower. Alongside this, a dash of ylang ylang adds an extra layer of sweetness, while the vanilla absolute softens the scent and adds a little powdery element to the mix.

While initially I was a little disappointed that the smell of this was both weaker than the other two shower bombs, and not as strong as I was expecting with so many powerful ingredients, Koyaanisqatsi won me over in the end. In fact, it was the subtly of the shower bomb that ultimately ended with me wanting to experience it again and again.

As with all of the shower bombs, you need to hold it under the running water during your shower, where it will immediately begin to expand and create a fragrant foam in your hand. The heat of the water will help to release the different essential oils that have gone into making the bomb, which is supposed to help alter your mood depending on the purpose of the shower bomb. 

In this case, I found that Koyaanisqatsi was really suitable for use at any time of the day. As it focused on clearing the mind, rather than kickstarting it awake or sending it to sleep, it helped to use it right after I began feeling rather overwhelmed with the work I was doing and the deadlines I had to meet. It really did help me to gain some clarity about a few decisions, as well as give me a much-needed break.

Once the shower bomb has began creating its foam, the idea is that you can lather and massage this across the skin much like you would a shower gel. The inclusion of both the potato starch and the sodium alginate allow the bomb to soften and moisture the skin, while the different oils clean out the pores and leave your skin looking and smelling super delicious.

To begin with, I expected the shower bomb to be rather gritty - much like if I was to massage a bath bomb across my skin. However, I quickly realised that the foam from this product really does spread well across the skin, and leaves it feeling instantly soft and smooth: much like a regular shower gel.

As with all of the shower bombs, I found that Koyaanisqatsi lingered on me for a short while afterwards, and the effect that it had on my skin made a lasting impression. Given how powerful this is, and for those looking to be a little more reserved about their Lush products, you could easily cut this product in half and use it across two separate showers.

While not my favourite of the three, I definitely think this holds a place as a regular item. The design as well as the fragrance are two great selling points for potential customers, and I would love to see other products created using the same scent. You might not be able to pronounce it but you definitely won't forget it after you've tried it out for yourself.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Citric Acid, Potato Starch, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Calcium Lactate, Sodium Alginate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lavender Oil, Lavender Absolute, Lavandin Absolute, Lavandin Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vanilla Absolute, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £2.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP