Recently

18 August 2018

Little Bottle Of Calm Bath Bomb




Let's be honest: there are occasions when Lush does something that makes you question whether or not they're having a laugh at your expense. While they continue to break moulds within the cosmetic industry, and stand for campaigns that make me proud to be one of their consumers, there are times when I have to clear the cobwebs from between my ears and question the motives I see in front of me.

When Little Bottle Of Calm first came on the scene, I immediately fell in love with its cute demeanour, and the sentiments behind the actual bath bomb itself. The description made it sound like the perfect relaxation tool for someone who finds themselves easily stressed by their environment, and I couldn't wait to pop one in the bath and ease away those worries. 

And then it arrived. And the minuscule, 25g-weighing accumulation of sodium bicarbonate greeted me from the box like a slap in the face. £3.95 for this? This just couldn't be right. If I was paying this much money for a bath bomb of such little statute, it would have to perform sheer miracles in the bath water for me to feel satisfied that I had invested well. 

On the positive side, I was rather impressed with how something so small did appear to have a very strong fragrance. A combination of lavender and chamomile greeted me like two old friends, and there was a moment when I thought that perhaps Lush really had perfected the art of honey I shrunk the product. While the tonka merely tickled my nose with a light, powdery after-thought, the three key ingredients were perfectly balanced for what I was expecting the bath bomb to offer.

However, the second it hit the water it was game over. The little bottle fizzed away within a matter of seconds and left next to nothing to show for its pathetic attempt at being a bath bomb. The water had barely turned a shade of blue and the smell dispersed so quickly that I almost shed a tear or two. Looking into the bath tub and seeing/smelling nothing for my £3.95 was as depressing thought, and definitely not one I was going to repeat again.

While I was in the bath, there were fleeting moments when I thought that perhaps I had picked up a scent from the chamomile and the lavender, but I think it was more out of hope than anything else. And although I did feel relaxed after my bath, it was more because of the extra products I added in to make it feel more than just a bath of scentless water. 

Ultimately, there was a small part of me that thought perhaps Lush had managed to condense the strength of essential oils into a small bath bomb, as I know how potent some of them can be. The fact that Little Bottle Of Calm couldn't even hold its own, and sunk immediately upon hitting the water was another blow. Overall, I didn't feel that the bath bomb offered me anything at all in the water, and I certainly wouldn't invest in this again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Lavender Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Roman Chamomile Oil, Tonka Absolute, Water (Aqua), Dipropylene Glycol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 each (25g)

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP