Recently

27 August 2018

Two More Hearts Liquid Perfume



When Lush announced that they would be bringing out a perfume called Two More Hearts, my immediate thought (as with many others) was that it would share its scent with Two Hearts Beating As One Shower Gel. While a popular fragrance amongst the Lush community, it doesn't really inspire much of a positive reaction from me. 

There is just something about the strength of the ylang ylang in the aforementioned gel that just doesn't sit right with my nose, which is why I sold on my bottle earlier last year. However, things began to look a little promising when feedback from the Lush Kitchen revealed that the scent had been tweaked in this new liquid format.

I should start by saying that I'm not really that much of a floral person. It's not that I dislike most floral scents; just that I don't find them particularly interesting, and they don't engage me as much as the more interesting and unique scents that Lush offer. For this reason, if you finding me raving about a floral scent, there has to be something special about it to gage my attention that much.

To put it simply: Two Hearts Liquid Perfume is simply exquisite. From the first spray, you experience a wonderful fresh and sweet floral aroma. The jasmine, ylang ylang and rose dance together like a trio of lovers at a ball. While the jasmine is the stronger of the three, there is nothing potent about what it offers in this perfume, and the ylang ylang laces itself around form a barrage of sweetness that lasts for hours on the skin.

Although there is nothing in the ingredients to suggest this, I would describe the aroma as being rather powdery: there is something about the combination of floral elements that remind me of an expensive baby powder. However, Lush fans shouldn't be put off by this description, as it is far more exquisite and beautiful than that.

While the sandalwood acts as more of a base ingredient, you can detect a slight resinous woody element to the perfume, which I think works perfectly in unison to bring all of the floral components together. The lemon oil however, is almost forgotten about completely, and acts as more of an uplift for the other ingredients than a strong note itself.

What I loved the most about Two More Hearts is that it's so fresh and youthful. With a lot of floral scents, you tend to find that they can come across as quite old-fashioned, and perhaps a little overbearing for the younger generation. However, this liquid perfume is strong and robust on the skin, yet is more optimistic and young.

Out of all of the new Lush perfumes, I found that this one was the strongest on my skin, and I could still detect it some four hours later. After accidentally spraying it on my sofa, I found that I was able to smell it for the most part of the day, whenever I walked into the room.

Overall, this is such a wonderful smell, and if you're a fan of Lush's floral aromas, you definitely need to give this one a go. While floral smells can often come across as quite generic at times, with the amount of them on the market, this one stands out a mile, and definitely one that will turn heads on a night out.

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Citronellol,*Eugenol, *Farnesol, Geraniol, *Isoeugenol,*Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £29 for 30ml.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP