Recently

16 August 2018

Sleepy Shower Bomb



The Twilight scent family is a smell I go back to time and time again. While it will never be powerful enough to curb my insomnia, it at least makes me feel all warm and relaxed after using it in the shower or on my skin. If I'm going to be staring at the ceiling all night, I at least want to smell good whilst doing so.

One of three brand new shower bombs released from the Lush Labs, Sleepy does exactly what it says on the tin. With a large dosage of lavender to get you in the mood for a good night's rest, this limited edition is a sure fine way to settle your body and mind for some much-needed relaxation.

As with most of the products in the Twilight range, this shower bomb offers a warm, rounded note of lavender intertwined with a sweet and rather sultry layer of tonka absolute as well. Combined, these two components off a fragrance that is like a thick blanket on a cold winter's night. It's deliciously sexy yet equally as calming.

Having said all of this, I was really surprised to discover that in the shower, Sleepy came across as slightly richer and more powdery than Sleepy Body Lotion or Twilight Shower Gel. In fact, I found that the smell of this shower bomb left me thinking that it was easily one of my favourite formats for this scent family to date.

As with all of the shower bombs, you need to hold it under the running water during your shower, where it will immediately begin to expand and create a fragrant foam in your hand. The heat of the water will help to release the different essential oils that have gone into making the bomb, which is supposed to help alter your mood depending on the purpose of the shower bomb. 

In this case, I found that Sleepy was really calming and relaxing, and I did feel my eyes begin to slip after I had changed myself into my pyjamas. Normally after a shower, I feel a little more revitalised and awake. However, this shower bomb did exactly what you'd expect it to, which was really impressive as my body is normally not moved to sleep by any cosmetics.

Once the shower bomb has began creating its foam, the idea is that you can lather and massage this across the skin much like you would a shower gel. The inclusion of both the potato starch and the sodium alginate allow the bomb to soften and moisture the skin, while the different oils clean out the pores and leave your skin looking and smelling super delicious.

When it came to Sleepy, I found that it was easily the most generous out of the three: producing a thick, fragrant foam that coated a large area of my skin and left a lasting impression. The inclusion of the fine oatmeal just helped it to balance my skin as well, so the redness of my recent sunburn was noticeably reduced after using this in the shower.

As with all of the shower bombs, I found that Sleepy lingered on me for a short while afterwards, and the effect that it had on my skin made a lasting impression. Given how powerful this is, and for those looking to be a little more reserved about their Lush products, you could easily cut this product in half and use it across two separate showers.


This is easily my favourite of the three and I would definitely buy this again in the future. Twilight fans who wish to expand their experience with the scent, whilst also experiencing something a little different, can expect great things from this shower bomb. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Citric Acid, Potato Starch, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Calcium Lactate, Sodium Alginate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Fine Oatmeal, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, *Coumarin, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 77742.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £2.75 each.


Year Of Original Release: 2018.


Scent Family:
FUN With A Twist
Luxury Pud Bath Bomb
Mum In A Spin Bubble Spinner
Sleepy Body Lotion
Sleepy Hand Cream
Sleepy Naked Shower Gel
Sleepy Shower Bomb
Sleepy Shower Gel
Twilight Bath Bomb
Twilight Liquid Perfume
Twilight Shower Gel
Twilight Shower Jelly
Twilight Solid Perfume

Twilight Sparkle Jar


1 comment

  1. This was the product that made me love this scent family. I never thought I'd be such a fan of lavender scented products until i tried sleepy :) The cloud design is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete


UP