Recently

13 June 2019

'Cream Bath Oil


 

Seeing 'Cream Bath Oil for the first time brought up a lot of memories of my early teenage years. Not only did I remember that Scream was one of the first horror movies I ever watched and it scared the living day lights out of me at the time, but I also remember that it was during the movie that I developed my very first 'on-screen obsession: Billy Loomis, a.k.a. Ghostface.

While I've come a long way since the nineties and I certainly don't pine over the 'bad guy' anymore, there was a small ache of nostalgia that had me excited to share my bath with this horrifying-looking bath oil. Luckily, no body was sliced into pieces or suffocated in a cat flap after this limited edition came into my house...at least not to my knowledge.

Sharing its scent with the Happy Blooming range, this little ugly offers a rich, sweet and very sultry cherry aroma: very much like a fresh pot of cherry jam with a dollop of almond butter mixed in for good measure. It's very rich and decadent to my nose, almost like a Cherry Bakewell, and compliments the design of this bath oil really well. 

In the water, 'Cream is a slow dissolver: floating on the surface for a long time and infusing the water with little streams of deep purple oils and butters. After a little swishing from myself, these oils dissolved into the water and tinged the water a purple colour as well, which only served to make this bath oil look even menacing. 

Almost ten minutes into my bath and the last eye socket finally absorbed into the water, leaving me with a wonderful fragrant and very soft water to indulge my skin in. While not the most nourishing of bath oils, this definitely left an impression on my body afterwards, and I didn't need to moisturise until the following morning.

What was impressive was that the fragrance lingered around the whole time I was in the tub and I was able to detect remnants of it for a short time afterI had left the bath. A tub of Happy Blooming Body Lotion would have made for a lovely treat after bathing with this little guy and I hope both make a reappearance again in the next Lush Labs or Community Favourites release.

Ultimately, this is a wonderful little bath oil with enough character, fragrance and moisture to be a best seller. I will certainly buy myself a few more of these if they ever come back online, or if I'm lucky enough to make it up to the Liverpool store at some point in the future. 'Cream is such a well-rounded little bath oil and I feel privileged that I've been given the chance to try it out for myself. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Laureth 4, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Hexyl Cinnamal, Lauryl Betaine, Ylang Ylang Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Almond essential oil, Activated Charcoal, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Benzyl Benzoate, Colour 77491, Colour 77266, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


1 comment

  1. Great Post!!

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. This is more helpful for find the best quality healthier skin oil for women.

    ReplyDelete


UP