Recently

9 June 2019

Imp-atient Bath Oil




Each and every night before I go to bed, I try my best to either mediate for half an hour, or write any persistent feelings down that have been going through my head. This is so that I can start the next day afresh; encouraging my mind not to take any negative thoughts into a new day. Some days it works, others it's a struggle.

After a rather difficult day, I decided it was time to use my IMP-atient Bath Oil in the hope that this would help to clear my head before I settled down to sleep. Containing rose absolute to restore and renew my senses of balance; white pink pepper to apparently give my bad attitude a kick up the backside; and cocoa absolute to soften the blow when I come back down to earth, I couldn't imagine sharing a bath with a better product right there and then.

What I will say is that IMP-atient is super cute to look at: a little devilish and cheeky but I revel in a little madness so he was right up my alley. His wonky black eyes and grimacing grin only served to spicy up what is ultimately just a bath oil, and add a little something different in the bath water.

In the bath water, this Liverpool exclusive floats quietly across the surface of the water, slowly ebbing oily puddles of pink underneath the water. These then rise to the surface and slowly absorb into the water, leaving a shade of pastel pink in the process. 

Unfortunately, one of the biggest things I noticed about this bath oil was that the fragrance was very subtle to begin with. However, it did intensify somewhat as it dissolved and dispersed throughout the tub. With a delicate note of cistus, rose and pink pepper oil, the scent I got was one that reminded me very slightly of liquorice allsorts. There was something rather sweet and alluring about IMP-atient and it pertained a musky note that the famous Bassetts' sweets offer when you first open the bag. However, once the bath oil is dissolving in the water, there is a little note of pepper that comes through a little more here and it is very pleasant indeed.

While I did find this bath oil to be a little grainy whilst it was dissolving, the water was very soft and moisturising, and the delicate notes really helped me to settle down for an hour and cast away those unsettled thoughts. Having said that, I don't think that this little creature was any where near as moisturising as some of the other bath oils I have tried recently from Lush, and the scent didn't linger at all on my skin afterwards. 

Furthermore, the intensity of the oils weren't such that my skin was left as nourished as an oil like Demons managed to achieve, so I definitely think there is room for improvement with this one. While cute, IMP-atient is definitely not a bath oil that blew me out of the water, and not one that I noticed made an awful lot of difference to my skin afterwards. 

If I was to buy this again, I would probably pair it up with something else to give myself a more well-rounded experience. However, it's more likely that I would invest in bath oil/melt that has made a much bigger impression on my skin, and offered a much stronger fragrance to appreciate.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Laureth 4, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Lauryl Betaine, Cistus Oil, Rose Oil, Pink Pepper Oil, Activated Charcoal, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 17200, Colour 77491, Colour 77266, Colour 45410:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £2.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP