Recently

19 June 2019

Bubblegum Toothy Tabs



I don't think anyone was at all surprised to learnt that Lush decided to release a Snow Fairy scented/tasting toothy tab. It was only a matter of time before the popular fragrance was incorporated into something that consumers could actually put in their mouth and almost class as 'edible.' It doesn't come as any surprise either that the tabs are sporting a playful shade of pink. 

As one of Lush's biggest selling shower gels, it makes complete sense that the company would have a go at bringing out the idea in as many formats as possible. Fast forward then to Bubblegum: one of ten limited edition toothy tabs that recently arrived on the shelves as exclusives for the Liverpool store.

Described as 'a candy floss flavoured treat', these limited edition tabs feature the amazing ingredient, marshmallow root, which adds a gorgeous sweet and delicious fragrance to many of Lush's other scrumptious aromas. In the case of these toothy tabs, they do an amazing job at not only replicating the smell of Snow Fairy perfectly, but they also help to create a taste that couldn't be any closer to what fans have probably always envisaged their favourite smell to taste like.

From the bottle, the sweet and playful notes of candy floss and raspberry bubblegum jump straight out and up your nose. After sniffing my pot for almost ten minutes, and then comparing it to the small bottle of the shower gel that I still have, I honestly couldn't tell any difference between the two besides from the fact that Bubblegum Toothy Tabs appeared a little powdery to my nose.

When in use, these exclusive tabs created a sweet and gently musky taste that tasted very much like the smell of Snow Fairy. It's an odd way of describing a taste, but those who have the fortunate of trying them out for themselves will no doubt understand what I mean when I say that they taste how the classic scent smells. 

As with most of Lush's other toothy tabs, Bubblegum contain a number of ingredients that work in the same way as regular toothpaste does: dicalcium phosphate anhydrous is the main ingredient in these toothy tabs and is a component used to help supplement the body's calcium intake, not to mention preventing the build up of tartar in the mouth; sorbitol is a natural alternative to sugar, which allows Lush to add flavour to this product without adding anything that'll rot your teeth; Lauroyl Sarcosine not only helps the product to foam up in the mouth but is also used to remove unwanted bacteria that may cause problems in the future.

To use them you simply pop a tab into your mouth, crunch down using your front teeth, wet your toothbrush and begin to brush your teeth as normal. The powdery mixture reacts with the water and the cream of tartar creates a foam that freshens your mouth and cleans away any stubborn pieces of food that may be lingering around. Unlike some of Lush's other tabs I have tried, this one melts almost immediately upon contact with moisture and you won't need to crunch these at all.

What I liked about these tabs was that they produced a rather generous foam when in use, and even when I rinsed my mouth out halfway through, I was still able to stimulate a lot more foam when beginning to brush my teeth again. I found that I could continue brushing my teeth for a good 5 minutes without running out of product and they left my mouth feeling thoroughly clean afterwards. It was just a shame that the taste of these was very mild and therefore the impact they had in my mouth was equally as disappointing.

While these tabs won't leave you with amazingly minty-fresh breath, and this may be something you'll have to get used to, it does leave a pleasant but very gentle taste for a short while afterwards. For those who dislike the heavy taste that mint can leave in your mouth, these would be a great alternative as they'll leave your teeth feeling clean without leaving much of a taste in your mouth afterwards. 

I was actually really impressed to find that the 'taste of Snow Fairy' stayed with me for a good couple of hours after I have initially brushed my teeth. During this time, my mouth felt and tasted super clean and I was confident that my breath was also gently sweet and fruity. Had I eaten within that time, I'm sure that the taste would have dispersed far quicker. However, it goes to show that the effects of these tabs last for quite an impressive amount of time.

Usually I opt for the toothy tabs that have a little more bite. There is something I quite enjoy about using a toothpaste or mouthwash that feels as if I have  burnt my mouth free of any living bacteria. However, these were really pleasant and make a great alternative to those more potent toothy tabs. I'm actually really grateful that Lush have decided to release these. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream Of Tartar, Sorbitol, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Kaolin, Flavour, Xylitol, Stevia, Marshmallow Root Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Colour 77491, Colour 45430:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019. 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP