Recently

28 June 2019

White Fang Toothpaste Jelly




There are those of us who like to dip our toes in the water and then there are those who will simply throw themselves in; consumers who reach for what they know and appreciate, and those that are a little more willing to try something new. This toothpaste jelly is definitely designed for those who like to err on the side of caution.

Sporting a white design not unlike regular toothpastes, and a fragrance to match, White Fang is like the safety net for those unsure about Lush's new creative oral range. Out of the ten brand new toothpaste jellies that Lush are currently showcasing in both the Shinjuku store in Japan, and indeed the Liverpool Spa Superstore in England, this is the one that many consumers may wish to try first - just to ease themselves into the notion of a wobbly toothpaste to begin with. 

Featuring peppermint, spearmint and wild mint oils, not to mention a mint infusion as the main ingredient, it's no surprise to learn that this toothpaste replicates the typical minty taste that most alternative brands offer in high street stores. Whilst not as potent as the original Colgate paste, this is probably the closest comparison I can offer you in regards to what this toothpaste jelly tastes like.

Both super minty and refreshing in taste, White Fang will completely wipe your palette after you have used this to brush you teeth. As to be expected, you will not only be left with clean and shiny white teeth, but you'll also have the freshest breath to carry you through the rest of the day.

What I really enjoyed about using this toothpaste, over that of an alternative brand, was that the jelly offered the same powerful taste in the mouth, just without the sting that I sometimes find myself up against when putting too much toothpaste on my brush. Ultimately, this will probably be the best and easiest toothpaste jelly to use if you want to ensure that no staining or unwanted food smells remain in your mouth after brushing. 

As with all of Lush's new toothpaste jellies, the idea is that you simply scoop your toothbrush across the top of the surface of the product and a small amount (or however much you wish to use) will rub off onto the bristles, and this is what you use to brush your teeth with. With all ten of these new jellies, I found that it was very easy to apply only the smallest of amount to my brush: I barely dented the surface at all to begin with, so these little 60g pots will last you a very long time. In fact, I would even say that they may outlast that of a regular-sized 200g tube of toothpaste.

Once I began brushing, I found that it 'lathered up' exactly like a regular toothpaste and at no point did I feel or experience any jelly pieces still in my mouth. The product dissolved very quickly and then worked exactly as you would hope a tooth paste would do so. Furthermore, I was able to spit the paste out multiple times and never once ran out of foam on my toothbrush. These jellies are super generous when it comes to how much foam they produce in your mouth, despite how little product you need to use. Whereas I would normally use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste, I was able to use a piece the size of a grain of rice and yet heed the same results.

What I would say is that as the product is self preserving, it's important to keep your toothbrush fairly dry when you run it across the product. Adding moisture of any kind to these naked cosmetics could reduce the shelf life of the jelly and may open up the possibility of bacteria multiplying over time. For this reason, it's also essential that the lid is left on so as not to attract any unwanted germs. Given that I can imagine one of these pots lasting me a good 3-4 months as a minimum, I certainly wouldn't want the paste exposed to any bacteria, if I can help it.

After using White Fang Toothpaste Jelly, I was really impressed how clean my whole mouth felt, and how long the minty taste remained on my tongue and teeth afterwards. I could still detect a hint of mint some two hours later, whilst I was on my way to work, and this reassured me that my oral health was in the best possible condition at that time. 

As I will say in all of my toothpaste jelly reviews, it was nice not to have to worry about any annoying lumps that some of Lush's toothy tabs can leave in your mouth during brushing. This little gem simply dissolved as soon as I started brushing and there wasn't any wastage from bits getting stuck in my teeth or falling out when I spat into the sink.

As with most of Lush's new toothpaste jellies, this one contains many key ingredients to actually help this product to act like a toothpaste. Hydrated silica works well as a whitening and teeth cleaning agent: helping to remove the stains from the surface of your teeth without damaging the enamel. Then there is xylitol, which is a natural sweetener that doesn't contain any fructose, so will help to protect your teeth from damage, and will hopefully help to reduce your risk of cavities over time.

Whilst boring to look at and not a toothpaste jelly that's going to win any awards for original fragrance and taste, White Fang is a great way to introduce the new concept to your routine, without feeling unsure if you're going to enjoy the taste. If you're still using regular toothpaste and want to switch to something a little more ethical and environmentally friendly, this jelly is a great introduction and I shall continue to enjoy using my little tub for the many months to follow.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Mint Infusion (Mentha piperita), Sorbitol, Glycerine, Silica, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Xylitol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata), Wild Mint Oil (Mentha arvensis), Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana), Agar Agar (Gelidium cartilagineum), Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Titanium Dioxide, Menthol crystals (Menthol).

Vegan?: Yes. 

2019 Price: £ each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP