Recently

28 November 2018

Naughty Elf Bubble Bar




This year a rather naughty elf has snuck into my life to reap havoc in and around my tidy house, and keep the Christmas magic alive for a very special girl in my life. Never before have I indulged in this sort of tomfoolery, and I'm actually finding it a whole lot of creative fun, especially when I see the reacts I get from my stepdaughter. 

Having said that, after the unnamed elf decided to decorate my entire bathroom with toilet roll and leave an utter mess that took a while to rectify, I thought it was time to drown my sorrows in a bath. It was only fitting then that I decided to use my Naughty Elf Bubble Bar...

When this little elf-shaped product arrived at my door, I was genuinely surprised and intrigued by the smell that greeted me. His design and Lush's normally predictable manners meant that I was expecting something either fruity or spicy. When his floral attire flew right up nose however, I was a little taken back. 

Containing violet leaf, jasmine and mango leaf absolute, alongside lemon myrtle oil, this is definitely not what I would describe as a Christmas fragrance. Were you to put the same smell into a regular bath bomb or bubble bar, I would never suggest that this was exclusively seasonal. So this is definitely something very different for consumers who perhaps don't always appreciate the predictability of Christmas scents.

To my nose, the violet leaf is the strongest component, although the jasmine sits underneath this and adds both a natural sweetness and a delicate musky note as well. There is something rather drying about the violet smell in Naughty Elf that I really appreciated, and I think the inclusion of the petitgrain oil adds a gentle green-like element to it that stops it being as sultry as it can be.

Alongside this, the lemon myrtle oil brings a sweet note as well, while also elevating the scent a little so it's a little lighter than violet scents usually are as well. In all fairness, this combination was really lovely and very different to what I was expecting, but there was also something about it that felt unsettled as if the key ingredients were clashing in some small way.

While Naughty Elf is a fairly long bubble bar, I did think he was a little on the tin side, especially given the £5.95 price tag. However, there is enough fragrance and power behind this bar that he can be chopped in half and used across two separate baths: both of which will heed you impressive results.

In the tub, this bubble bar turns the water a vivid shade of red and the bubbles that are created are impressive. In fact, I genuinely believe that this may be the most generous bubble bar of the season. Not only this but the water itself becomes immediately silky soft to the touch and you can see a delicate layer of oils that glimmer on the surface - letting you know that this is going to be a super moisturising bath.

Having said that, you definitely don't need to worry about Naughty Elf being too greasy: there is nothing about this product that will leave your skin anything but beautifully soft. I was still able to see and feel the results of this bubble bar the following day, and the smell followed me around for a good hour afterwards.

I won't deny that the fragrance of this didn't exactly blow me away, although this is more due to my tastebuds than the smell being at all bad in any way. However, Naughty Elf is super moisturising; offers a wonderfully vibrant-looking bath; and leaves your winter-kissed skin smooth, soft and ready to face the day ahead.     

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Perfume, Mango Leaf Absolute, Violet Leaf Absolute, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Petitgrain Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP