Recently

22 November 2018

Sunny Day Anti-Static Hair Detangler



After spending a rather large three-figure amount at the Showcase event earlier this year, it took me almost two months to actually get to the bottom of my bags and realise what I'd actually bought. For weeks on end, my shopping sat untouched, begging to be tried and reviewed, but to no avail. There just wasn't enough hours in the day for me to use more than a couple of items at the top of the pile and just hope that I'd reach the end at some point in the near future.

When I finally dug down and discovered Sunny Day Anti-Static Hair Detangler, it took me a few seconds to recognise that I'd actually tried this product before. However, it took me another couple of weeks to realise how that could have been. It was then that I remembered that I had purchased a bottle on the opening day of the Oxford Street store, only to realise that it wasn't vegan and I had to return it.  

Sharing its scent with Ultraviolet Bubble Bar, this exclusive hair detangler is the first of its kind from Lush: designed to curb frizziness and help to keep your locks smooth, soft and manageable throughout the whole day. You simply spray it into your hair and let it work its magic, and strangely it does exactly that.
I cannot work out what the miracle ingredient is that helps it to do its job. However, after spraying perhaps two to three spritzes across the back of my hair, and on the ends as well, my hair feels and looks so much more manageable. Impressively, I am able to run my fingers from my scalp to the ends and there's barely a tangle in sight. 

Obviously, Sunny Days is not going to replace your hairbrush in the long term. However, if you have a bottle of this in you bag, a few squirts throughout the day and you can maintain smooth, frizz-free, beautiful hair. For such a small bottle, this product also happens to go really far. I've been taking it to work for the last month, using it every day, and there's barely a centimetre gone from the bottle top. 

Not only this but the smell is simply incredible and lasts for hours on your locks. Every time I'm out and about, I receive compliments from so many people about the smell of this: it quite easily outlasts most of Lush's perfumes. Much like the aforementioned bubble bar above, the fragrance of this is a strong, grassy violet aroma. Underneath the violet is a combination of sweet jasmine and rosewood: the former of which adds a playful sweetness; and the latter of which grounds the fragrance with its sultry, resinous notes.
While I have stated in many reviews that I don't tend to use hair care products aside from regular shampoo and conditioner, this is definitely one that I will continue to use until the bottle is empty. I can only hope that Lush will being this new-improved vegan version out in shops really soon, so I know that I can grab one every time I use it up.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water, DRF Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Perfume, Organic Agave Syrup, Fresh Lemon Juice, Rosewood Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Alphe-Isomethyl ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Silicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farensol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: unsure.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family: 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP