Recently

2 November 2018

Puddy Holly Bubbleroon



I'll be honest and say that when I first glimpsed at a picture of this product, back when consumers were still unsure what was coming out in the Lush Christmas range, my heart was set on this being a modified version of Holly Go Lightly Bubble Bar. You can imagine my disappointment then when I realised that it wasn't the same product at all, and that I wouldn't be able to drown in cinnamon-scented water for another year. Having said that, Puddy Holly Bubbleroon is an outstanding product in its own right, and it soon won me over with what it had to offer.

Sharing its scent with the Snowcake range, this brand new seasonal favourite is about the same size as most other Lush bubbleroons, so don't despair when you realise that it's much smaller than most of Lush's regular bubble bars. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in how beautifully compact it is, and how effective it is in the bath tub.

While the ingredients list differs from the likes of Snowcake Shower Gel and the original Snowcake Soap, this limited edition bubbleroon holds a fragrance perhaps slightly stronger than both of those products combined. The almond essential oil has definitely won top spot for the most domineering component here - helping to create that sweet, balsamic marzipan scent that we all recognise as being 'Snowcake.'

There is something so yummy and warming about the scent on offer here, yet it is equally as rich and sweet to boot. To me, it sits somewhere in between a foody and a non-foody smell. I wouldn't say that the scent was very dessert-like in the same way that both Yog Nog or Rudolph Jelly Face Mask are. However, it is a fragrance that makes you salivate, and you may wish this little gem was edible.

As with most of Lush's bubbleroons, this one had a slight sticky consistency when I was crumbling it under the running water which made it different to how a regular bubble bar would perform. The inclusion of the shea and cocoa butter centre means that you really have to massage the pieces between your hand, in order to stimulate those all-important bubbles in the tub. 

Despite its size, Puddy Holly could easily stretch across two baths: both halves producing a wonderful spring-green coloured experience and a tonne of soft, fluffy bubbles. What is also great about this bubbleroon is that the scent stays with you throughout the whole experience, and I could still smell the odd hint of Snowcake on my skin afterwards as well.

After being in the water for a mere few minutes, I could feel my skin and hair softening, and the blisters on my hands from my training sessions felt less rigid and hard. Upon exiting the bath, I found that my skin felt far more supple than it had done upon entering the water, and the effect of this stayed with me for the rest of the day.

While Snowcake isn't one of my favourite scents, Puddy Holly is a lovely addition  to this year's Christmas range, and would make a lovely stocking filler for someone whose skin needs some serious pampering this winter. The green-coloured water is super Christmassy and beautiful, and the fragrance is delicious sweet as well. A great little seasonal release. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cream of Tartar, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Tonka Absolute, Almond essential oil, Cedarwood Oil, Bergamot Oil, Cornflour, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth 4, Sodium Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 59040, Colour 42090:2, Colour 42053, Colour 42090, Colour 19140, Colour 73360.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:




No comments

Post a Comment


UP