Recently

21 November 2018

Goldfinger Brush Strokes Face Mask




Snooping around the Showcase store, I spotted something glistening and glittering in the distance. As I approached with caution, I realised that there was a stall tucked slightly away in the darkness, ladened with an abundance of naked facial cleansers and face masks, and it was here that I first spotted the product reviewed for you below.

Goldfinger Brushstrokes Face Mask looks like the Ferrari of face masks (says the person who knows zilch about those funny shaped metal boxes with wheels.) To look at, you'd assume that a unicorn had left us a little present in a tub; or that a fictional sun had melted a little and somebody had collected its drippings. As the name suggests, this brand new invention is pure gold, although from the tub it looks a little bit more like golden sand than pure gold itself.

For those as clueless as me about this new creation, Lush have described their Brush Strokes Masks as being similar to that of their regular masks, but one that you apply with a brush to allow for even coverage instead. Alongside this fairly unhelpful description, I still wonder at what point fans who have already invested in these masks will see the release of a brush to go with the product.

Now obviously, there are a few other differences as well, aside from just how you apply the product itself. Firstly, the consistency is actually very different from anything that Lush have done before. As you're likely to apply a lot less when using a brush, these face masks are incredibly thick and almost like clay. Therefore, it would actually be rather challenging to scoop out a large amount and apply it to your skin with your fingers. Secondly, the tub of Goldfinger that I received was partially empty, which perhaps explains the intensity of the product itself, and how little is applied every time you use it.


What I have learnt is that these are masks that need to be kept in the fridge and so far I have found that they have a longer life-span than the regular masks. Goldfinger saw me through almost two months before it started to dry and appear different in consistency. As there was no expiry date on my tub, I took this as a sign that it was ready to be finished.

This particular mask contains a whole array of ingredients meant to improve your complexion and replenish your skin for days to come. Rose water soothes the skin, helps to eradicate irritation and acts like a tonic to clear out the pores; kaolin clay does a similar job as well as helping to soften the skin. Carrot seed oil adds a little vibrancy to your complexion, whilst coconut nectar replenishes the skin with natural oils that may be missing.

Scent-wise, Goldfinger smells like a strong, musky rose aroma intertwined with a large dose of both cedarwood and olibanum to add a resinous and slightly woody undertone. There is something rather rich and beautiful about the smell of this, and is very far-removed from the Rose Jam aroma that some consumers may attempt to compare it to. As a few other people have stated, the closest smell to this would be Rosy Cheeks Face Mask. However, this is far more potent and has an extra dosage of sultriness to its fragrance.

What I found was that this face mask took a little getting used to when applying it across my skin. Perhaps I didn't choose the right brush to do the job, but I found it hard to get the product from the tub and onto my face. It was easier if I left the mask out of the fridge for half an hour before application, as the mask softened a little from the warmth. 

Despite this mild inconvenience, the face mask felt much lighter on my face and I enjoyed not having to worry about pieces falling off as I walked through my house. Rinsing it off was also really easy and my skin both looked and felt really radiant afterwards. I don't know whether it was the inclusion of the golden shimmer that convinced me that my face seemed a little more golden and radiant. However, I could see a difference that gave me confidence that this new invention had worked.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this, although it wasn't moisturising enough to offer the same level of intensive repair as Oatfix usually does for my skin. Having said that, the scent of this was wonderful and my face did appear more radiant and less lifeless each and every time I used thus on my complexion, so it would be one I purchased again If it ever came out in stores. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Glycerine, Rose Water, Coconut Nectar, Kaolin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cedarwood Oil, Rose Absolute, Bergamot Oil, Olibanum Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Palmarosa Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Citronellol,*Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: unsure.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP