Recently

26 November 2018

Santa Bomb Bomb Bath Bomb




One of the aspects that I love about the Christmas range, is seeing the sometimes funny and occasionally quite alarming ‘character products’ that grace the shelves for a few months of the year. This year, three brand new ‘double acts’ have made an appearance: Snowman Bomb Bomb, Princess Bomb Bomb and Santa Bomb Bomb.

The reason for the double title is simple: these three limited editions are two separate bath bombs sold together to create one single product. Priced up at £9.95 each, the investment doesn’t come cheap. However, given that they’re exclusive for the winter season, and equate to near enough two regular-sized bath bombs, the cost doesn’t appear any dearer than usual.

This particular bath bomb, simply called Santa Bomb Bomb, has a new fragrance featuring bergamot, vanilla and cocoa absolute, and is perhaps one of my favourite scents of the season. While my initial urge is to describe the smell of this as being fruity, there is definitely far more to this aroma that gives it a complexity that i wasn't expecting at all.

What I will say is that the bergamot is definitely the strongest note; offering a very sweet orange-like aroma, with just a smidgen of grassiness in the background to give the smell a little extra depth. Alongside this, the vanilla adds a drier sweetness which strangely also has an element of woodiness to it, although I cannot work out why. There is also a powdery floral note to me, which although is very subtle in the grand scheme of things, is still part of what makes this fragrance so interesting.

Ultimately, the smell of this is probably not what you might expect from something so comical-looking. It's by far more complex and interesting than what the ingredients list suggests, and I would highly recommend that you try the smell of this away from a shop so that you can experience the full extent of what Santa Bomb Bomb has to offer. 

In the bath, just like his other character counterparts, Santa fizzes away very quickly - sending out an intensely concentrated shade of red. Even when using one of his parts, the colour he heeds in the water is impressive, and perfectly themed for this time of year. In fact, I found that using both pieces together will actually create a slight stain around the edge of the tub, so I would avoid doing this if at all possible.

Once the bath bomb has dissolved, the scent also fades a little, although I was still able to smell it from time to time. I was also able to detect a hint of mostly the vanilla on my body after I had towelled myself down. However, this didn't last particularly long, and was certainly lost once I had moisturised. 

What I did find was that this limited edition bath bomb was actually rather moisturising and my skin was incredibly thankful for how wonderfully soft I felt after I had left the tub. I definitely wouldn't say that this bath bomb went above and beyond in terms of conditioning my skin. However, it did a good job of making me feel really clean and smooth before bedtime.

While not one of my favourite scents by any stretch of the imagination, Santa Bomb Bomb has definitely got a fragrance that I would like to revisit again. A body scrub, dusting powder or perhaps even perfume would go down a treat in my house, and would certainly not be a scent that was limited to the Christmas period. Overall, this bath bomb is definitely worth trying out at least once, and I'm glad that I accidentally bought myself a second one a few weeks back, so I can enjoy it once more before it disappears from the shelves.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cocoa Absolute, Vanilla Absolute, Bergamot Oil, Water (Aqua), Cream of Tartar, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 47005:1, Colour 77266, Colour 77491, Candy Eye.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £9.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.




coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP