Recently

15 November 2018

Festive Friends FUN Bar



When I first went into the store to purchase all of the Christmas items, I got so caught up in the moment that I forgot to pick up this brand new seasonal special. It wasn't until I got home and decided that I wanted to take a picture of the shower products, that I realised my mistake. Having used this for a while now, I can safely say that it was also a mistake to leave it another month before I finally got around to buying the product for myself.  

In my opinion, this is easily the most beautiful looking FUN Bar that Lush have ever produced, and is well up there in my top five favourite FUN Bars ever. It only took a single use for me to figure that one out, and my experiences ever since have been equally as stunning.

Sharing its scent with Nevermind The Ballistics Bath Bomb, Festive Friends is a gorgeously fruity combination of orange and lime oils that'll have you salivating from the moment that you first begin using it. These two components are super bright and citrusy, while the inclusion of the olibanum oils adds an extra layer of sweetness that just curbs the tanginess of the fruit oils and allows them to be more rounded and warming.
As soon as this seasonal special comes into contact with the heat of the water, and the water itself, the smell of this just radiates outwards. In fact, I couldn't believe how strong this was when I was in the shower, and I was still able to detect remnants of the fragrance after I had left the bathroom and come back. The fruitiness just radiates outwards at any given moment: elevating your mood and waking you up a little. 

As with all of the other FUN bars that Lush offer, this one is versatile in how you use it and does a great job in each role. Firstly, this is a great shower companion - replacing your shower gel/jelly and used as an alternative to clean your body from head to foot with. Simply take a small piece (about the size of a grape), wet it under the shower hose and massage it directly across your body. The bar foams up a treat and produces an impressive amount of light, fluffy lather that can be distributed across your skin with ease.

Just like Lush's shower gels, this bar leaves your skin really clean and with a light lime and orange fragrance to accompany you about your day. While it's not as moisturising as the gels and jellies, I don't find FUN bars to be as drying on the skin as soap can be, even though they don't offer the complex scents you'd expect with Lush soaps.  

Secondly, FUN can be used in much the same way as a bubble bar - crumbling about a fifth under the running tap to produce an impressive orange-dominated bubble bath. While Festive FUN doesn't offer the same moisturising experience as a bubble bar would, I rectified this by adding in a bath oil to rectify this.
My only concern with Festive Friends, as it always is with any of Lush's fun bars, is that you need to store this properly to prevent it from becoming a sticky mess. While I love the fact that it's not in pot, to save packaging, you will need to keep this FUN Bar cool and dry in between showers. I would suggest breaking off a single colour and storing the rest in another room. 

While you could use all of the colours at once, I found that it just turned my experience into one where I was washing myself with a murky grey piece of clay. Using a single colour at a time is not only easy, as each piece breaks apart without any fuss, but also allows you to experience the same amazing flavour but with the twist of having another colour to clean yourself with.

After using this consecutively for the last week, I cannot tell you have much I am in love with Festive Friends. This is an incredibly bar of FUN from Lush, and while the price tag is higher than the average FUN Bar, it's almost twice the size. Someone with one of these in their stocking would be a very lucky person indeed, and this would keep kids entertained for hours with the little characters they could make from the product and complimenting props. This is perhaps one of my favourite products from this year's Christmas selection.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lime Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Olibanum Resinoid, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 14700, Colour 42090, Colour 77266, Colour 15510, Colour 42090:2, Colour 19140:1, Colour 42090:1, Colour 77491.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £9.95 for 350g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Festive Friends FUN Bar
Fun For All The Family Bubble Spinner
Never Mind The Ballistics Bath Bomb
Tunnel Of Love Soap

No comments

Post a Comment


UP