Recently

13 November 2018

Yuzu And Cocoa Bath Bomb





It took me by surprise when Lush announced that they were discontinuing Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon a couple of years ago. I always thought it was a firm favourite amongst Lush fans, which is why I was equally shocked when they removed the shower cream from the shelves as well. Last year, the Lush Kitchen then went on to bring out a Yuzu & Cocoa Liquid Perfume, which completely crossed my wires even further, as it suggested that there was a demand for this fragrance after all.

When Lush brought out this bath bomb a couple of weeks ago, shaped very similarly to the Satsuma Bath Bomb from a couple of Christmases ago, I figured that as a limited edition it would be really popular. Although not one of my
favourite scent by far, I was rather excited to see how the scent fared in this format, and whether or not it was as creamy and decadent as the original Bubbleroon.

As soon as I took this one out of the box, the smell made its way straight to my nose and I was pleased to discover that it did offer the wonderful Yuzu & Cocoa scent that I knew and loved. While there were obviously some mild differences, fans of this particular smell would definitely be happy with how well the scent was replicated.

The fragrance is made from a generous helping of bergamot, tonka and grapefruit oil, with a gentle, warming thread of cocoa butter running through the aroma underneath. To my nose, the initial smell was definitely the bergamot and grapefruit, as I found the two combined ingredients offered a warm, fruity aroma like no other. Alongside this, the tonka absolute blankets the fruitiness and adds its own creaminess alongside: giving the fragrance a soft and very comforting aroma.

When compared to the original bubbleroon, or indeed the shower cream, I can smell three main differences. The first is that the fruity elements of Yuzu & Cocoa Bath Bomb are slightly stronger and mildly brighter – both before and during the bath. Secondly, the format lends itself to being slightly powderier and muskier than either of the aforementioned discontinued products. This aspect settles down once the bath bomb has fully dissolved in the water, but it’s fairly heightened beforehand.

Finally, I found that while there is definitely the presence of the cocoa butter in the overall fragrance, it doesn’t offer a smell as chocolatey as it does in some of the other formats. Some of the Yuzu & Cocoa products have a chocolate-orange element to it, which I think makes them smell even creamier, and this particular bath bomb did not.

In the water, Yuzu & Cocoa fizzed away fairly quickly: sending forth brightly coloured waves of orange across the surface of the water. Within seconds, the tub showcased an uplifting shade of Orangutan orange, which is slightly translucent but remains vivid and beautiful throughout. You might want to make sure your bath is fully clean before using this because, although it didn’t leave that much of a mess, I ended up with a few smears of orange that I had to wipe away afterwards.

In addition, this bath bomb does offer a little in the way of lustre in the water: you can see the water sparkling gentle under the light of the room. This was a great addition but I needed to remember to rinse this away afterwards, as it left a small amount of mess at the bottom of my tub. Having said that, this is to be expected with most of Lush’s bath bombs, and so wasn’t anything of a shock or a nuisance to do so.   

What was great about this bath bomb was that the smell was really strong throughout the whole hour I was in the tub, and I was able to detect mild notes of the grapefruit and tonka afterwards. Unlike the bubbleroon, I didn’t find that the fragrance weakened over time, and I was able to use other strongly-scented products and still detect this at the same time.

Yuzu & Cocoa left my skin feeling really silky-smooth and yet radiant at the same time. I think the inclusion of the grapefruit helped to add a little vibrancy and life to my tired skin. Afterwards, I applied my body lotion of the same scent, and I was ready to get my head down and sleep like a baby. Fans of this scent will definitely appreciate this brand new rendition of the fragrance, and I happen to think that Lush have done a great job at offering consumers a good quality, well fragranced bath bomb to enjoy while they’re still available.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Bergamot Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Tonka Absolute, Cocoa Absolute, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 14700, Colour 19140, Colour 77491.


Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Yuzu & Cocoa Bath Bomb
Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon
Yuzu & Cocoa Liquid Perfume
Yuzu And Cocoa Shower Cream
Yuzu & Cocoa Solid Perfume

coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP