Recently

15 November 2018

Tender Is The Night Bath Bomb




Out of all of the new bath bombs brought out during the community release, Tender Is The Night was easily the one that stood out for me the most. Maybe it wasn't the prettiest of the bunch, but knowing how much I loved the scent of the original massage bar, I couldn't wait to try this one out in the tub. Let's just say, it didn’t disappoint.

I only had to smell this bath bomb for a split second to know that this was going to be one of my favourites of the lot. While I am not a huge fan of most floral scents, there is something about this combination of jasmine and ylang ylang that tickles my fancy just a little bit more than the others. This brand new bath bomb showed me immediately that Lush had got the fragrance right for this format.

What I get from this bath bomb is a strong, slightly musky but mostly powdery floral aroma. There is something so delicate about this fragrance and yet equally as pretty, that makes it stand out above the other floral variations that Lush currently offer. If I was to describe this fragrance in two words, it would be both sensual and youthful. I can imagine the younger consumers loving how beautifully optimistic the smell of this bath bomb is, yet it also lends itself to the more classic floral smells as well.

At the forefront, you can smell the wonderfully sweet allure of jasmine, with the ylang ylang laced around it like a beautifully knitted cardigan. While there is also vanilla absolute in the ingredients, this component is far more musky and delicate then you would expect it to be. There aren't any creamy, buttery notes of vanilla in this fragrance. Instead, you find the vanilla adds little sprinkles of sweetness throughout the aroma, and brings all three elements together beautifully.

How it differs from the massage bar is that I found the floral components to be slightly stronger in this format. At the same time, bath bombs are generally more powdery smelling because of the ingredients that go into making it, so there was a slight difference between this and the massage bar. Having said that, fans of either will appreciate that Lush have gotten the right balance of jasmine, ylang ylang and vanilla to make this the closest replica possible.

In the bath, Tender Is The Night immedaitely begins to fizz across the bath tub, sending out thick, wholesome waves of pink and white foam. This continues for a good few minutes until the bath bomb has fully dissolved. What's left is a beautiful pastel pink bath, coated with a blanket of white over the top to keep you company.

While the bath bomb was potently strong before use, the scent somewhat dampened when it was in the tub. However, the smell was strong enough that it still offered an amazing experience for me, and I could smell the wonderful trio of ingredients on my skin after I had towelled myself down.

As with nearly all of the latest releases, this bath bomb was really moisturising. Although the water wasn't silky-smooth, I noticed that the condition of my hands changed rather quickly whilst I was bathing, and the impact that the water had on my skin was evident afterwards.

Overall, this is definitely a bath bomb that I would invest in again.The smell was wonderful; the performance in the water was amazing to watch; and I was left feeling well and truly spoilt after bathing with Tender Is The Night for almost an hour and a half. My only gripe would be that the price was a little high for my liking, but it is a luxury that I can always not purchase if I don't want to.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Jasmine Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Water (Aqua), Cream of Tartar, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Tender Is The Night Bath Bomb
Tender Is The Night Massage Bar
Tender Is The Night Naked Shower Cream

coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP