Recently

3 November 2018

Sugar Plum Fairy Sugar Scrub




There is something about purple cosmetics that makes my heart beat slightly faster than usual. Ever since the release of Plum Rain Shower Gel, I associate the colour with something super fruity and delicious, and I'm reminded of my childhood - when I would gladly help myself to multiple portions of plum pudding and plum crumble.

While this scrub has the word plum in its name, it doesn't unfortunately share its scent with the aforementioned shower gel. Instead, Sugar Plum Fairy Sugar Scrub offers a musky combination of orange oil and umeboshi plums - a delicate and very sweet fragrance that reminds me of a fizzy grape drink I had a few times as a child. There is something very warming about the combination, but it's definitely not as fruity as I was expecting it to be.

In the shower, the smell of this is elevated tenfold under the hot water, and I loved how easy it was to crumble it between my fingers and massage it across my skin. While the granulated sugar offers a rather harsh exfoliation, I found that the more water you added to the product, the softer it became as the sugar melted. For this reason, you can manipulate this product to make it as harsh or as delicate as you'd like.  

Given that this scrub is made of mostly sugar, I would not recommend that you store this anywhere near your bath or shower. Furthermore, I would also suggest that you cut this into pieces to use across several showers. Once this scrub has got wet, the sugar will just dissolve into a purple mess all over your tub/surface, and you'll have the fun task of cleaning away the stains before your next bath.

Referencing the above point, I found that I could cut Sugar Plum Fairy Sugar Scrub into three roughly equal parts, which I could use at different occasions. You could definitely stretch your scrub even further by breaking off smaller pieces. However, if you want to massage this across your whole body, you wont get very far with splitting it too far. 

What I loved about this seasonal scrub was the fact that it was very coarse on my skin. I am definitely one for a scratchy scrub and this one was very brutal on my skin. In fact, if you're not too careful, you could leave some serious marks on your body if you press too hard. This makes Sugar Plum Fairy an amazing scrub for getting rid of dried skin and debris on the surface of your skin. However, I would highly suggest that you moisturise afterwards, to ensure that your skin gets replenished with essential oils, and doesn't become irritated after the experience. 

Overall, for £2.95 this is great value for money, and one I'll be re-purchasing in the near future. The scrub offers a strong, coarse exfoliation and the scent is very beautiful - if only it remained on my skin afterwards. This is one of Lush's better investments this season, and I suggest you try it if you haven't already. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Granulated Sugar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Fine Sea Salt, Potato Starch, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Perfume Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Umeboshi Plum, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, *Limonene, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £2.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP