Recently

2 November 2018

Halycon Hair Solid Shampoo Bar



There is something about reading the ingredients list of this solid shampoo bar that makes my mouth salivate. Featuring lime, lemon, orange, soya yoghurt and ground almonds, this limited edition reads like a raw vegan dessert. Unfortunately, it doesn't taste like one, no matter how many times you close your eyes and give it a lick...

Halycon Hair Solid Shampoo Bar is one of six limited edition naked bars to rear their beautiful heads during last month's Lush Labs release: each sporting a beautiful design that outshines any other to have come before them. This particular bar is a wonderful shade of yellow, and features a piece of a golden root solidago plant on the surface for good measure.

Lush's most recent solid hair care has been SLS free, and this one is no exception. Packed full of ingredients to not only wash your hair and leave it looking beautiful shiny, but to sooth and take care of your scalp as well, I just knew that this had to be the first one up for scrutiny. 

While the effectiveness of your shampoo outweighs the importance of the scent, I love that this solid shampoo bar smells very similar to Each Peach (And Two's A Pair) Massage Bar. The lime, lemon and orange offers a strong, bright, spritzy aroma that intensifies in the shower and stays with you until you're finished. Unfortunately, even if you opt to forego a conditioner afterwards, the smell of this doesn't stay around for long, so you'll need to buy the massage bar if you want to smell like a glorious fruit bowl.

To test Halycon Hair out, I chose to wash my locks every second day, and leave out any treatment or conditioning, to really see how affective this product is. What I found was that even though I wouldn't claim that my hair felt like it had been conditioned, my hair looked instantly shinier after the initial wash, and the condition of my locks were not altered much from not using a conditioner. In fact, I feel as if my hair benefitted quite a bit from using this and only this for the two weeks I used this by itself.

What is unique about this shampoo bar is that it features soya yoghurt, which is a great ingredient if you ever want to offer your hair a deep condition. This component is known for giving your locks a sleek, shiny coating, while both the orange and lime oils add an extra dose of radiance alongside this. 

For those interested in how it helps to maintain a healthy scalp, the yoghurt works in unison with the ground almonds to cool and calm any itching, whilst cleaning the skin at the same time. While I'm not able to comment on whether this works well for those with more volatile scalps, I will say that these ingredients definitely helped to calm the acidity of the citrus oils, which in turn helped to prevent my hair from drying out or becoming wirey.

As with nearly all of Lush's solid shampoo bars, these are so easy to travel with; so compact without any risk of leaking or making a mess in your bags; and will easily last you a good three months of washing your hair 2-3 times a week. Furthermore, the lack of SLS will ensure that your hair remains as natural as can be - without coating it with anything that could damage it in the long run.

To use, you simply wet it slightly and massage between the palm of your hands. As Halycon Hair is so generous, you only need to do this for a split second to produce a surplus amount of creamy foam to massage into your hair and scalp. While I would usually suggest that you could massage this directly across your head, the inclusion of the dried golden root on top would mean that you would end up with mess in your hair. Although you could always remove this beforehand as it doesn't add any benefits to the shampoo bar aside from being a pretty decoration.

To store, I tend to keep my solid shampoo bars in a Lush tin specifically designed to hold them between uses. This would prevent any mess from being made on the side of the bath tub, or the product itself becoming stuck on a surface and disintegrating a little.

Ultimately, this has been added to my list of favourite solid shampoo bars. It leaves my hair feeling soft, manageable and shiny; it brings out the natural highlights in my locks; and is great value for money. Furthermore, it smells simply delicious and is super easy to use. I only wish that this wonderful fragrance stayed with me after my hair was dry. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Coco Sulfate, Ground Almonds, Soya yoghurt, Orange Pulp, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Lime Oil, Neroli Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Petitgrain Oil, Water (Aqua), Soya Lecithin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Dried Golden Root Solidago.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.25 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP