Recently

18 November 2014

Nutts Massage Bar


As I'm desperately trying to reduce my massage bar collection, I'm finding that I'm quite enjoying the different textures and various levels of moisturising that the different bars offer. My current stock showcases a range of bars, aged between three months to two years, and every single one that I've tried has demonstrated a level of freshness that is most impressive. Most body lotions and creams would be expected to have gone off or at least lost their scent by the two year mark. However, not one of my massage bars has done this, highlighting the effectiveness of using natural ingredients in their purist form. 

Nutts Massage Bar happens to be the oldest bar in my collection, weighing in at an amazing five years old. What's more impressive is the fact that this bar neither looks old, nor has lost any of it's unique smell. Upon removing the plastic, I was instantly overcome with it's wonderful fragrance; a bitter yet natural smell unlike anything that I've ever smelt from Lush before.

This massage bar has a very distinctive, very potent smell that would probably not appeal to everyone. To me, it smells strongly of cocoa powder and peanuts; a naturally sweet but bitter scent. Alongside this is the nuttiness from the tahini paste, sesame oil and peanuts. To round this smell off, there is also a slight twang of both cocoa butter and coconut, both of which help to bring a warmth to a smell that would otherwise be quite sharp. Nutts reminds me very much of the Nakd raw food bars that I like to eat, it's definitely a very 'foody' smell. Although I wouldn't consider it a favourite scent of mine, I've come to appreciate the fact that Lush haven't packed it full of ingredients to sweeten it up and make it a generic cocoa butter-scented product. 

So why a massage bar? Firstly, by keeping the ingredients in their solid form, as opposed to a liquid state, it means that Lush don't have to include specific chemicals and preservatives to get the product to remain liquid at room temperature. Secondly, because there are only natural ingredient present in the bars, these products are great for people with sensitive skin and those that don't bode well with heavy moisturisers. Finally, keeping it in it's solid form means it is easier and more cost-effective for the company and consumer, as it requires less packaging to store. 

To use the massage bar, you can do one of two things. I tend to warm my hands up a little before carefully rubbing the bar all over my body. Once I've smeared enough on my skin, I then use my hands to massage it all over evenly. You can also use the warmth of your hands to melt the massage bar somewhat, before using this to smother it all over your skin like you would a normal lotion.

Despite it's age, this bar was very easy to use and I found that it created the perfect amount of oil to moisturise my skin with; it wasn't too wet or too dry. A fresh one worked slightly better, gliding across the skin with ease and leaving a light layer of oils, which absorb rather quickly into the skin. 

Featuring coconut butter, cocoa butter and tahini paste, this product is a rich and very effective massage bar, that not only smells pleasant, but also works wonders on your skin. The tahini paste helps to moisten and repair dried and damaged skin, whilst the cocoa butter helps to firm and tone your body.

Nutts Massage Bar runs over the skin easily and doesn't melt too quickly, meaning that you get a nice amount of oils to lubricate your skin with, without having to wipe away excess grease. It leaves a lovely smell on your skin, which stays with you for most of the day, so be careful that you enjoy the smell before committing to using it across your entire body.

Ultimately, this is a decadent and highly indulgent massage bar. It does what it's supposed to do, and melts perfectly so that you get the right amount of oil for your skin. My only qualm with this bar is that it's scent can get a little sickly, and I found I had to take breaks from using it as the smell became a little unbearable at times. A lovely product - one I have stocked up on from the Lush Kitchen this week. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Tahini (Sesamum Indicum) , Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera) , Perfume , Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) , Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata) , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia) , Coumarin.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £6.95.
2016 Price: £6.95.

3 comments

  1. Oh I never thought about tahini as anything other than food. Interesting to see it as an ingredient in a massage bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine smells like peanut butter which is off putting for me. But I agree with the massage bar collection stuff mine is growing more and more. I just LOVE them it's like solid lotion to go. And the tin is such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massage therapy can help you improve your posture as well. Nowadays, many people suffer from neck, back, and muscle pain. But the main cause of pain is bad posture. 구리 출장안마

    ReplyDelete


UP