Recently

30 October 2018

Candy Cane Reusable Bubble Bar




There was a time back when I first began getting into Lush that I would occasionally use a product wrong, such as throwing a bubble bar into the water, expecting it to fizz and dissolve. However, with years of experience behind me, most people would probably assume that I'm now able to use a Lush product correctly, right? You've all assumed wrong.

Overwhelmed with the amount of new products I needed to use and review,; the thousands of baths and showers I needed to fit in around my full time job; the number of times I needed to wash or style my hair with the zillions of new hair products being released every second, I decided to take a moment to myself and enjoy another bath - in the hope that I could relax my mind before my fingers continued to type away for hours on end.

My choice of bathing companion was the beautiful Candy Cane Reusable Bubble Bar - a brand new addition to this year's Christmas range. Having sealed the plug and turned the tap on full, I began to attempt to crumble the bubble bar under the water, only to find that it was the stubbornest bubble bar I had ever attempted to use. It was only later, when doing a little research, that I first discovered that it was a reusable bubble bar and not just a regular one: a fact I would have known a long time ago if I hadn't been snowed under by the numerous Lush releases that had come about in short succession. Needless to say, I was a little embarrassed, although being by myself meant that nobody would have known about this error had it not been for me writing about it now. Oh.

While a little on the small side, Candy Cane is a gorgeous addition to this year's seasonal range, and one I'm surprised hasn't made an appearance before. Perfectly designed as a stocking filler, this non-edible reusable bubble bar will see you through a good 3-4 baths, and is perfect for anybody wanting something sweet without overindulging. Furthermore, you could even pierce a hole in the top of this and use it as a Christmas tree decoration, to add a little extra fragrance to your living room.

Containing bergamot and lemon oil, the scent of this is rather familiar, although Lush claim that this is a brand new fragrance. While the smell is not as strong as most of the Christmas bath bombs, you can definitely appreciate the gentle fruitiness of both ingredients, and this scent intensifies just slightly when in the water.

My only main concern with this bubble bar is that most consumers would no doubt expect this to be peppermint-scented, and there was a small part of me that was rather surprised when I found out that it was not. As Lush do very few mint orientated products when compared to their extensive list of citrusy smells, I would have thought this would have been an obvious choice for the company.

Putting that thought aside, I found that the scent of this, while slightly more intense after being used, was still rather minimal when in the tub, and I felt as if it needed to be paired with something else if you were looking for a wholesome experience. Having said that, I found that most of Lush's reusable bubble bars suffer the same fate. 

While not overly generous with the amount of bubbles it creates, it's easy to multiply them by simply swishing your hand around in the water. I found that the bubbles were wonderfully light and gentle, yet there was something slightly silky about them as well. Coupled with the velvety water that Candy Cane created, and my skin felt really moisturised and soft after I had left the bath tub.

Overall, the bubble bar performed exactly as I expected it would before I had used it for myself: nothing more, nothing less. The design is incredibly gorgeous, and there's a part of me that feels as if this would guide the sales of this limited edition more than the fragrance or the productivity in the end. Despite this not being a personal favourite, I do think that I would invest in a couple more for friends and family - previous point well and truly proven. I would love to see a peppermint Candy Cane bath bomb, bubble bar or FUN bar featured in next year's collection, and I'm interested to know why Lush opted for this fruity fragrance instead.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Bergamot Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Limonene, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP