Recently

12 September 2015

Antiphilitron Shampoo



Having happily settled into using solid shampoos, I was a little uneasy about reverting back to the liquid form. If Lush has taught me anything about hair care, it's that the less preservatives, the better, which is why I was worried that switching back to another format was going to ruin the great relationship I have built up with my hair over the last couple of years.

Antiphiltron Liquid Shampoo was first released in the late 1990s - a crisp, citrusy shampoo intent on ridding the hair of dirt build up and reviving the scalp at the same time. Packed full of lemon juice and lemon oil, not to mention the fresh lemon decoction that makes up the base for this product, this shampoo is supposed to leave your hair squeaky clean and smelling beautiful. 

In the bottle, the shampoo is rather thick - presenting itself in a consistency very similar to Happy Hippy Shower Gel. While the ingredients list suggests that it would emanate a very strong, zesty aroma, I was surprised to discover that it actually displayed a very gentle citrus smell. In fact, I would say that it is one of the more gentler lemon smells that Lush offer. 

Despite my slight disappointment that the fragrance wasn't as 'in your face' as I was hoping, it was still a pleasant scent, and it did intensify very slightly when in contact with the hot water.  

As someone with dry, damaged and rather thin hair, I was a little worried that this shampoo would leave my hair even more parched and lifeless. As citrus fruits are a great ingredient for getting rid of grease and can often remove some of the natural volume in hair, there was a chance that my locks would end up flat and tangled. Not a concept I was happy with! 


However, after three washes, I began to notice how wonderful my hair looked and felt. Not only did the shampoo leave my hair and scalp feeling really refreshed and clean after each and every use, but my hair felt full of life and with a natural looking shine. While the fragrance wasn't very noticeable, especially since I used Happy Happy Joy Joy afterwards, my locks looked much healthier than before and my natural highlights looked much more pronounced. 

Living in a busy city can sometimes expose your hair to the smog that permanently resides in the air around us. Antiphiltron not only ensures that anything unwanted in your hair is removed, it does so without stripping your hair of its vibrancy or natural shape. Furthermore, I've begun to get back into swimming recently, and find that this shampoo works so well as an immediate 'go to' after exposing my hair to an hour of intense chlorine abuse. 

This shampoo is definitely worth a purchase - it lathers up easily and I can see this 250g bottle lasting me a good two months. While its shelf life isn't as impressive as the solid alternatives, it's still far better value than anything else available in your local supermarket, and one I would definitely buy again if it was to make a reappearance. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Lemon Decoction, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £10.25 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 1998.



2 comments

  1. Hi Jen is this similar to i love Juicy? Love your blog and your reviews😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using this shampoo with Veganese conditioner for a week or so and my hair LOVES this combo. My hair is soft and healthy looking, and it smells amazing!! I've gotten lots of compliments on my hair. Luckily this shampoo will last awhile because you don't have to use much but it lathers really well. I ended up buying a 2nd bottle for back up... the smell is just great!!

    ReplyDelete


UP