Recently

2 September 2015

Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie


There's no nice way of saying this, but when I found out that Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie was being discontinued and replaced with the roulade version, I really didn't care in the slightest - the reformulated solid edition had already cemented itself as one of my least favourite Lush products to date, so why would the potted version be any different?

As it turns out, I was wrong to jump to conclusions so soon. While it was never going to be my favourite smoothie, it was definitely appreciated for the few months that it lived in my bathroom, and in hindsight I would have liked to have  been given the opportunity to purchase another tub or two to see me through the winter months. 

While I have found every Lush smoothie to be slightly different in consistency from the next, this one is very similar to Creamed Almond And Coconut, albeit a little less silkier. If anything, I found Turkish Delight to be a little 'clumpy'. Although it was smooth and creamy and lathered across the skin like a dream, it had a slightly stodgy feel about it which reminded me of the consistency of some of Lush's buttercreams. 
Made from a base of rose water and coconut oil, this shower smoothie has a very distinctive smell - one that although fairly light on the senses, is strong enough to make an impression on the skin and leave you smelling like a bunch of roses for a good hour after being used. 

Despite the name, this product doesn't smell like the popular confectionary. Instead, it has a sort of sickly-sweet rose smell with a subtle hint of both cocoa butter and coconut, and a note of jasmine to finish it of and help expand the floral scent. At first I found the smell very off-putting - it reminded me of the milky note you find in the Hot Milk Bubble Bar or the generic smell of cheap soap. However, after a few uses I grew to appreciate that while it would never be a fragrance I would fall in love with, it was quite pleasant when smothered on your body. 

As with all of Lush's shower smoothies, I found the most effective way to use it was to scoop it out of the tub and rub it all over the area that I wanted to clean. Acting very much like a whipped soap, Turkish Delight doesn't lather up - instead coating your skin with a creamy lather that gets to work at cleaning and softening the area.
On the one hand, smoothies are much better than blocks of soap as they're easier to store in-between uses and don't need a lot of stimulation to work effectively. However, as they don't foam up, I found that I used more product than I would have done if it had been a shower gel. Furthermore, there is no easy way for you to 'vet' how much you're using so it can be easy to get through a tub in just a few uses. 

What was great about this shower smoothie was that it left my skin feeling really clean and it worked wonders at preparing and repairing my skin during and after shaving. Yet, as with some of Lush's other smoothies, this one was a little drying on my skin and I found that I would only use it when I was enjoying a bath as I didn't appreciate how my skin felt after using it in the shower. 

While it has been discontinued quite recently, I'm positive that it will appear in the Lush Kitchen at some point in the future, and when it does I will be sorely tempted to pick myself up a tub or two to enjoy once more. As it stands, I will have to appreciate my favourite solid roulades until this is made possible.

Quantitative Ingredients: Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Water (Aqua), Perfume, Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate. Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £12.95 for 200g.
2017 Price: £10.50 for 200g.

Year Of Original Release: ?

Scent Family:
Turkish Delight
Turkish Delight Roulade

4 comments

  1. This is one of my favorite products, and I think I've lucked out, as it doesn't look like they're discontinuing this in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's great news for you! Perhaps it's a bigger seller over there or something :)

      Delete
  2. The roulade version of this and all the other roulades just don't work. I really hope they bring back the tub versions of all the smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie

    This recipe is the easiest recipe around to make a delicious pumpkin cheesecake smoothie. Make it anytime of year, including the holidays! TIP: you can use cinnamon instead of pumpkin. You need a best blender for smoothies to make this.
    Ingredients

    15 oz pumpkin chilled

    12 oz evaporated milk

    1 cup vanilla yogurt

    1/4 cup sugar

    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

    15 oz pumpkin pack chilled

    12 oz evaporated milk

    1 1/2 cup orange juice

    1 banana

    1/3 cup brown sugar

    2 tsp cinnamon

    2 dozen ice cubes
    Directions:

    Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until you reach your desired consistency.

    ReplyDelete


UP