Recently

7 September 2015

Creamy Candy Liquid Perfume


When Lush announced that they would be bringing out this fragrance for their 2012 Forum Special Perfume round, I was slightly disappointed that Snow Fairy was not part of the collection, but equally excited that I would be able to experience at least one of their candy-inspired scents.

As soon as Creamy Candy Perfume arrived in the post, I couldn't help but open the lid and spray a generous amount all over myself. It smelt exactly as I imagined it would and I was rather surprised when I noticed how few products featured in the ingredients list.  

For those unfamiliar with this scent family, the perfume plays homage to the original Creamy Candy Bubble Bar - a sugary-sweet and rather feminine fragrance that reminds me of raspberry bubble gum and freshly baked cupcakes. There is also a fruit element here which sets it apart from Snow Fairy - yet it is not that distinctively different. 

When you initially spray this on your skin, you get quite a strong note of what I can only describe as the 'bubblegum element' of the perfume. Underneath this is the gentle aroma of vanilla, which gives off a slightly burnt and very cloudy smell. There's also a slight fruity note which sits alongside these smells and helps to round off the fragrance. 
  
What is great about this perfume, is that it's very long-lasting - one spray lasted a good many hours on my skin and I loved how much it mellowed out over time until all that was left was a gentle musky vanilla aroma - very much like the Vanillary Perfume

Unfortunately, much like the bubble bar, this is a very one-dimensional smell - it's not as complex or as sophisticated as a lot of Lush's other perfumes. For this reason, if you're looking for something more interesting, you won't find it here. 

This is definitely a very youthful smell and may not be something that interests a lot of Lush's older fans. However, I appreciate the fact that sometimes it's nice to wear something simple yet delicious, and if this is the case, Creamy Candy is perfect. It does exactly what it says on the tin - nothing more, nothing less. Surprisingly, I would say that I prefer this slightly to the Snow Fairy Perfume and although I wouldn't rush out to buy another bottle just yet (not that I could anyway!), it's one I will always keep in my collection. 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Methyl Ionone.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:

No comments

Post a Comment


UP