Recently

15 September 2015

Snow Fairy Lip Tint

After the success of my Santa Baby Lip Tint experience, I thought I'd dig around in my Lush drawers and see what other tints I had that I could try and review. While the colour of the aforementioned tint was definitely too bright for me, I'm not opposed to using a lighter, more subtle shade - if I find one that I like. When I found this rare beauty, tucked at the bottom of the furthest drawer, I knew I was on to a winner. 

Snow Fairy Lip Tint sounds like a Lush fan's wet dream - a beautiful pearly-pink lip tint scented with a wonderful bubblegum and candy floss aroma. What I first noticed about this product was that the scent was far more prominent than most other lip products I have used from Lush. You can really detect that sweet, candy fragrance both in the tin and on your lips, so it's not one for those who don't like potent smells. 

First released in 2010, this seasonal tint was incredibly popular - so much so that I still see tins of this going for double figures on eBay. Just like every other one of Lush's lip tints, this one is supposed to play the part of lip balm and lipstick all in one. 
Coconut oil is the main ingredient, which not only gives off a slightly nutty aroma but helps to moisturise the lips whilst giving them a natural, healthy glow; shea, cupuacu and murmuru butters are added to help soften the lips and give you a well-rounded plump effect. For the scent, Lush have included dried raspberries to add a wonderful fruitiness as well as icing sugar to add a fizzy element to the lip tint. 

All of these ingredients have been combined to produce a lip tint that is definitely softer than Santa Baby and slightly easier to apply. It glides across the skin with ease and leaves a gentle, baby pink colour on the lips. I was rather impressed with the colour as I was expecting it to be as vivid as it is in the tin. However, it's definitely more mellow on the skin and just gives the wearer a slight bit of colour with a little bit of gleam. It's not a colour that dominates your face when being worn, so it can be used as a normal, day-to-day lip tint without seeming like too much.

Although this lip tint doesn't stain your hands like some of the others, I would recommend that you brush a cotton bud across the surface of the product and then brush it across your lips. This helps to give good precision so you don't end up smudging it everywhere - something a less than experienced make-up artist such as myself tends to do very easily. It lasts a good many hours before you have to top up - I'd say it's lifespan is between 2-3 hours, which isn't too bad. 

This is actually a lip tint I can see myself using quite a bit and I have already worn it out a good many times. Like all of Lush's lip products, this will last you a long time so it's worth the price tag. While it's been unavailable for a number of years now, its popularity means that Lush are sure to bring it back, hopefully soon so I can buy another tin or two. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Japan Wax (Rhus succedanea), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Icing Sugar, Carnauba Wax, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum), Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru), Flavour, Glycerine, Dried Raspberries (Rubus idaeus), Sherbet, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 45380, Colour 45410, Colour 73360, Colour 77007, Methylparaben.


12 comments

  1. do u know when the Christmas/Halloween stuff is released (like the actual things, not the books :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This exhibits us very best places to be able to increase the website. I do think by which from time to time at some point quickly I would attempt to make a guide to be able to accompany the website, nonetheless most of us can have. Helpful write-up combined with effective rules and also ideas. Shroom chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. witneycouriers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You provide the best and affordable snow fairy lip tint. This post is very helpful for us. Moreover, The Distance moving in Springfield deliver the outstanding products delivery work in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deliver the best snow fairy lips tint for increasing the lips beauty. This post is very helpful for girls. Thank you for sharing with us. Furthermore, The cheap garage door repairs present the quality work as your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing information. You deliver the best product for lips care. Furthermore, The pressure washing Services Boston provide the outstanding work at a low price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so they take risks such as surgery or use drug injections into their faces or bodies and some women want to be naturally beautiful by using tips or tricks from the experienced if you want to look beautiful and elegant you can see our page to find tips that suit you.Snuffle Bowl

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can easily set aside a lot of directed adventures with assorted car experts. Various deal great delivers several might take your corporation for a tour to a market location, or perhaps for a trip to new york. Luchthavenvervoer Gent

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,I run a site similar to you. If you have time, could you visit my site? Please leave your comments after reading what I wrote. If you do so, I will actively reflect your opinion. I think it will be a great help to run my site. continuing education for estheticians

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today, an immense number of people read blogs and this has had an essential two-wrinkle earth shattering effect. In any case, it has opened portals for imperative publicizing wages. esthetic machines

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. professional hydrodermabrasion machine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. read more here

    ReplyDelete


UP