Recently

26 September 2015

Yog Nog Bath Bomb


 



While there is always a mass of excitement when it comes to the release of Lush's Christmas season, no one was more excited than I was when I heard that they were bringing out a Yog Nog-scented bath bomb. Although I'm not normally a fan of using soap in the shower, last year's 'star product' was an instant winner in my house, and I couldn't wait to try out the fragrance in a different format. 

Yog Nog is everything you could wish for - a beautiful bath bomb that not only smells deliciously decadent and banishes those winter blues, but leaves your skin feeling and smelling like a million pounds. If there was ever a ballistic that Lush should make edible, this would be the one. 
Described as possessing the smell of cinder toffee, this luxurious ballistic smells like a rich, winter pudding - one that you'll never have to worry about overindulging in. While the clove buds and ylang ylang oil in the ingredients list give you an indication of some of the notes you'll find in this aroma, nothing will truly prepare you for the reality of how wonderful this smells. 

Much like the soap of the same name, Yog Nog smells like melted butter; of brown sugar simmering in a pot with a sprinkle of nutmeg; of cocoa butter and lashing of melted vanilla ice cream; of freshly made toffee heated above an open stove. If there's one product you'll want to sink your teeth into this year,  I can guarantee that it will be this. 

Made from a combination of shea and cocoa butter, with coconut oil to round it off, this seasonal bath bomb is incredibly moisturising on the skin. In fact, I was only in the water for a couple of minutes before I began to feel how soft and 

replenished my skin had become. Very similar to Butterball, this ballistic boasts a generous helping of oils and butters in the form of two bath melts hidden in the centre of the bath bomb, and much like Lush's body butters and conditioners, this product leaves a light coating on the surface of your skin to protect it and keep it moisturised well after you've exited the bath.  
In the water, Yog Nog froths on the surface - sending out streams of glittery white and yellow foam that decorates the water and turns it a shade of yellow. After a few minutes, the bath bomb begins to give off thicker, far more creamy-looking foam, and this is when you're able to see the thick wedges of butters that are nestled in the middle of the product. In total, the bomb takes a good fifteen minutes to fully dissolve so it's definitely worth climbing in beforehand and enjoying the show from the front seat. 

What is great about Yog Nog is that the bath bomb is very strong, and once you've exited the bath, you'll be able to pick up faint whiffs of the fragrance on your skin for many hours afterwards. However, I was a little disappointed that after being in the tub for a matter of minutes, I wasn't really able to detect that much of a scent around me. The fragrance of this definitely disperses quite a bit when it comes into contact with the water, and you may have to use Yog Nog soap alongside it to enjoy the smell of this throughout your whole bath.   
Overall, this is definitely a great new addition to the Christmas range and I will be purchasing many more of these before they are discontinued at the end of the season. If you love the soap, the FUN Bar or the perfume of the same fragrance, I can guarantee that this will be another great addition to your collection.
  
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Fair Trade Organic Butter (Theobroma cacao), Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cream Of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Laureth 4, Soya Milk Powder (Glycine soja), Water (Aqua), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinenesis), Lauryl Betaine, Eugenol, Perfume, Yellow Lustre (Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Synthetic Mica, Colour 19140), Colour 45350, Colour 19140:1, Colour 47005. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £3.95 each.
2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
Yog Nog Bath Bomb
Yog Nog Body Lotion
Yog Nog FUN Bar
Yog Nog Liquid Perfume (2014)

Yog Nog Liquid Perfume (2018)
Yog Nog Perfume Oil
Yog Nog Shower Smoothie
Yog Nog Soap
Yog Nog Solid Perfume
Yog Nog Yule Log Bubble Bar Slice




10 comments

  1. Is Rose Jam shower gel part of this year's holiday line? I need to know ifor I should start saving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog it's like my go to place before I buy any Lush products. Just a tip, you should say whether it leaves your skin moisturised of dry etc it's useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aaron, I'm glad you find my reviews useful. I will definitely take that idea on board when I write my future reviews :)

      Delete
  3. I cannot tell you how much I love this review!!! Four more days and I can buy online!!! Squeee!! And, thankfully I have a few months to stock up. Thank you for all your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely - I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! Only three more days before you can enjoy it yourself - I bet you're counting down the minutes ;)

      Delete
  4. If there is one Lush Christmas product at the top of my huge list, it is this one. I LOVE Yog Nog, and it's one of my favourite scents from Lush now. I cannot wait to pick one of these up to try, especially now the weather is getting cooler. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I bought one of these yesterday. It's in my basket next to my bed omg it smells so good I don't want to use it!! I got the perfume fun and soap last yr and I still have some of each left as it's my winter scent. Thanks for the fab reiews.
    P.s I agree im dissapointed at the lack of xmas/halloween products this yr. I have worked every xmas for the past 3 years and now I'm not too fussed im not there this yr!lol xo xo

    ReplyDelete


UP