Recently

26 September 2015

Lush Cocktail: Last Day In Space


SumSum's 'Last Day In Space' Cocktail

Contains:


1 Intergalactic Bath Bomb

1 Razzle Dazzle Bath Oil
Lashings Of Freeze Shower Gel

Video:




Verdict:

For those who've seen the film Moon, you'll know what I mean when I say that it's a devastating and very haunting movie - one that leaves you feeling slightly empty by the end of it. There's something very vacant about the feel of the whole movie - a hollowness that's cold and uninviting. While I obviously didn't want a bath cocktail to mimic these feelings, the name did conjure up images of the last few scenes of the film. 

When I saw the simplicity of Last Day In Space, I knew that it was a cocktail I had to try out as soon as possible. Featuring what is easily one of my favourite bath bombs of all time, and perhaps my favourite bath oil to boot, this already showed promise before it had even hit the tub. 

For those who have not yet had the pleasure of trying this bath bomb, it's one I that cannot recommend more highly. It's an all-rounder - producing a strong and wonderful smell, offering a spellbinding display in the bath tub and creating a highly moisturising experience for anyone lucky enough to bathe with it. 

Upon contact with water, Intergalactic immediately begins to spew trails of vivid blue across the surface of the tub. As the bath bomb continues to fizz, elements of the pink, white and yellow make an appearance - painting swirls of colour that look like miniature galaxies in your bath. 

What I loved about Intergalactic is that once you're submerged under the water, you can hear the crackling of the popping candy and enjoy the swirls of golden glitter that sway and pulsate under the surface. Furthermore, this bath bomb turns the water into a deep and very rich shade of blue - definitely making you feel like the guardian of your own galaxy. 

To add to the excitement, I then added in a Razzle Dazzle Bath Oil. This product is very different to the bath bomb, and was rather surprised when it seemed to override the minty aroma and take precedence in the water. 

Razzle Dazzle has a sort of powdery berry scent - a mixture of dried blackberries and raspberries intertwined with a gentle fruity note of lime. It's definitely a very decadent aroma and one that's very comforting when you're in the bath tub. While it's not the sort of smell you would expect to work with the mint, it actually compliments it really well and creates a gorgeous vivid pinks swirls that look like little galaxies as well.  

Finishing off with a few squirts of Freeze Shower Gel to wash myself with, I left the tub with a slight tingling feeling on my skin. This is definitely a cocktail for anyone wanting something invigorating and refreshing - one that could be enjoyed first thing in the morning after you've unwillingly dragged yourself out of bed and cannot face the day ahead.

You only have to look at the pictures to envisage how amazing this cocktail was. It gave me everything I could have asked for, and more. For such a simple recipe, it produces outstanding results and one that I will be using a lot in the winter months to shake off those icy chills. You have to give this one a go!

Rating: 9.2 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.


















1 comment

  1. You make everything sound so wonderful. You've definitely sold me on this one! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete


UP