Recently

20 September 2015

Lush Cocktail: Strawberry Milkshake


Riya's 'Strawberry Milkshake' Cocktail

Contains:


Video:



Verdict:

While the ingredients for this cocktail sounded amazing, I was initially hesitant to try it out - the reason being that I was down to my last Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar and it happens to be one of my all time favourite products. However, in a bid to reduce my stash by as much as a third, I knew I had to stop holding on to old stock.

Strawberry Milkshake is a cocktail for those who want something sweet and fruity, but don't necessarily desire an experience that smells like a candy shop. With four products that share the same scent, you could almost call this cocktail a homage to the Yummy Yummy Yummy family - one that would be made even better by using the Yummy Mummy Shower Gel to pad out the experience even better.

To begin with, I crumbled an entire Magic Mushroom under the running tap. In hindsight, I could have easily used half of the bar as it's a very strong-smelling product, and equally powerful when it comes to its effect on the water as well. However, I wanted to follow the recipe exactly as it was presented to me and thought I'd make this an indulgence I would remember for a long time afterwards. 

The bubble bar instantly created a mound of soft, fluffy bubbles and turned the water a beautiful, rich shade of orange. To add to its appeal, the bar also turned the water into a thick, creamy sea of essential oils and butters - making it one of the most moisturising bubble bars I have ever experienced from Lush. If you ever get a chance to try one of these out for yourself, you'd very much appreciate how amazing Magic Mushroom works in the water. 

Up next I used the Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar to add a few swishes of extra fragrance and softness to the water. In all fairness, this product could have been left out because the previous bubble bar is more than adequate by itself. However, I didn't see any harm in including a little extra goodness to the mix.

It was after the bath had finished that I added in half of a Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar. At first I was very worried that the product would make this cocktail really greasy - a friend of mine once threw a massage bar into a bath thinking it was a bubble bar and ended being saturated with enough oils to sink a ship.

Fortunately, I discovered that while the piece could have easily been halved (there was quite a number of oil puddles on the surface), it didn't feel too greasy at all and merely added to the creaminess of the aroma - one that had engulfed the bathroom at this point and was making me salivate. 

Finally I threw in a Mrs Whippy Bath Ballistic to seal the deal. While mine was quite an old one, it still gave off a strong, musky strawberry scent and added swirls of gorgeous pink and white foam to the surface of the tub. This helped to replicate that 'milky' element that makes the name of this cocktail perfect for what it is. 

Overall, I am so glad that I took a risk and used these products together. The bath was very moisturising on the skin and left me smelling super fruity for the rest of the evening. While the bubbles did burst and dissolve during the course of my experience, I was happy to see that the vibrancy of the water remained present for the duration of the cocktail. If I had another Magic Mushroom, I would relive this experience all over again.  

Rating: 9.2 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.
















6 comments

  1. This cocktail looks and so soooo yummy! :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +Jen
      Glad you enjoyed it, hope you try out my other two as well. I think you will love Lime Fiasco.

      Delete
  2. Amazing post! You present a taste strawberry milkshake. I like your post. Moreover, We provide the best and quality residential Garage Door Opener installation work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thank you for sharing informative post with us. I learn more through this post. Furthermore, The Garage door installation MA present thee best and reliable garage door installation work.

    ReplyDelete


UP