Recently

5 September 2015

Get Closer Dusting Powder


Saving the best to last seems to be my forte at the moment - whether or not it was intentional to begin with. With so many different dusting powders to try and review thanks to both the Lush Kitchen and Oxford Street releases, I've barely had time to register how many I've got to get through, let alone decided which order I should go about doing it.

Unfortunately, upon opening Get Closer Dusting Powder for the first time, I realised my mistake in leaving it for so long on the shelf. This beautiful, uplifting dusting powder is easily my favourite from the Oxford Street selection, and perhaps even my favourite out of all the dusting powders I've experienced over the last few years.

The first thing that intrigued me about this product was its name. While I am far from the unsociable hermit that I like to imagine myself as, I'm definitely not always comfortable with physical contact with strangers - a problem that's elevated somewhat when you live in London and frequent the underground tube system on a regular basis.  
On the bottle, Lush have written 'Personal space? What personal space? Get up close and personal...' as the tagline for the dusting powder - a statement that makes me wonder whether this is supposed to be a product that you share with your partner, or whether its supposed to give you the confidence to get up close and personal with those smelly commuters - knowing you're smelling fresh and beautiful no matter what time of the day it is.

Either way, the combination of neroli oil, jasmine absolute and lemon oil is definitely going to leave you feeling and smelling delicious. While it doesn't state on the bottle, this is very close in smell to the Happy Happy Joy Joy Hair Conditioner and Frozen Bath Bomb, albeit slightly lighter and not as floral-dominated. 

On the skin, you can definitely detect the neroli - a light and slightly bitter citrusy aroma that intertwines with the lemon oil and intensifies the fruity element. To compliment this, the jasmine adds its own soulful floral aroma that gives the dusting powder a slight sweetness, making it delectable and utterly refreshing on the senses. 

Like all of Lush's dusting powders, this one has a great level of absorbency, so even if you haven't worked out you can still use Get Closer to keep your skin in tip-top condition and freshen up at the same time. Especially in the summer months, when even walking around the block can cause a sweat, this is a great little party trick to keep you dry and top up with a lovely fragrance at the same time.

Like most of Lush's dusting powders, this one features kaolin that cleanses the skin and soften its while absorbing excess moisture at the same time. What is great about all of Lush's powders is that they help to leave your skin feeling really smooth, without clogging up the pores like some lotions can. Furthermore, while some lotions tend to leave me feeling sticky, these powders don't do that - yet I still feel as refreshed and clean as I would do if I had used one.

As I loved the smell of this so much, I also tested this out in my hair - using it as a dry shampoo when my locks were beginning to look a little worse for wear. Working from the roots, I just massaged a little into my hair and found that Get Closer worked wonders at adding shine while giving my locks a little more life to see me through another day. 

Ultimately, this is a product that I will buy regularly (although not that often as a bottle should last a good six months). Its scent is refreshingly beautiful yet delicate enough to leave you feeling clean for hours after application. If you're looking for a single dusting powder to try out for yourself, this is the one you should invest in. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Magnesium Carbonate, Calamine Powder, Kaolin, Perfume, Lycopodium Powder, Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Citral, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, Hydoxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £6.95 for 45g.
2016 Price: £6.95 for 45g.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.


3 comments

  1. They're making this at the Kitchen this week! I'd love to try it, I am such a dusting powder fanatic. I still have some Flower Market and Icon from a remake done years ago. I got to try a lot of the really old school ones, like The Oologist, Hallelujah!, and Dust to Dust...I'd love if the Kitchen brought some of those back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sell my first and second born if they had a dusting powder week! I would love if they brought back all the old school powders! I'm relatively new to lush but have several dusting powders! Snow on snow, karma, Candy fluff, stock in Vanilla puff and the Snow fairy one! That one made me sad cuz it smells so much like Candy fluff tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a bottle of this and it is such a beautiful dusting powder. Love your reviews, they are so helpful.

    ReplyDelete


UP