Recently

10 September 2015

Divine Whale Soap


One of the causes most dearest to my heart is the eradication of whaling and sharking off the coasts of Japan - an industry that sickens and upsets me to no end. As a vegan, it is obvious that I am compassionate about every single type of animal - from the ant to the elephant; I don't value one animal over another and certainly don't promote precedence over particular charities because of favouritism for a particular animal. However, there is something about sea-based causes that gets me emotionally invested, so I was really excited to find out about Lush Australia's continuous anti-whaling campaigns. 

Divine Whale is easily the cutest soap that I have ever seen. What's not to love about a fluorescent yellow soap that is shaped like a whale? The kid in me screams 'yes' while the adult smiles uncomfortably and tries to act more grown-up-like. 

Since 2011, Lush Australia have been bringing out this soap once a year to raise money for Sea Shepherd ships - a fleet of vessels that sail to Antarctica and try and thwart the Japanese whaling vessels. It's an incredibly dangerous and costly journey and Lush do their bit at trying to raise some funds for this trip. Each year the soap has come out sporting the same design but has always been scented with a different smell. In 2012, Lush brought this soap out to smell like B-Electro and this is when I was able to order a piece to try out. 


Divine Whale gives off a refreshing, zesty grapefruit smell with an almost soapy note that makes this stand out from every other Lush scent going. There is an element of floral present here - a musky, slightly chalky jasmine and rose aroma that intertwines with the citrus element of the soap and gives it a really interesting, multi-layered smell. The rose is the more dominant floral note but the jasmine gives it a slight sweetness and stops it being as potent as rose smells can sometimes be. The inclusion of fennel adds a subtle spicy kick and brings all of the notes together wonderfully - without making it seem too heavy or too masculine. It's a very sultry, sexy and rather unique fragrance - one that needs to be experienced to fully understand how wonderful it is. 

On the skin, it is fairly easy to lather up and produces creamy, visibly yellow suds that leave your skin feeling clean and crisp. It's not the most moisturising of soaps, but it doesn't dry the skin out either - instead leaving you feeling invigorated and thoroughly refreshed. 

Much like the shower gel, I marvel over how interesting and unique the smell of this is and would love to see them bring out other products in it's fragrance. I lovd the fact that the aroma of this soap stayed on my skin for hours and hours after I had exited the shower, and I could still smell it prominently on the pillow the following morning.

It's a great early morning boost and despite my skin not feeling as soft as it would if I used a shower gel, I would definitely invest in this again, just to appreciate the wonderful scent. 

Quantitative Ingredients; Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, Coconut oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus, Cocos nucifera), Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Fennel Oil (Foeniculum vulgare), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus grandis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Limonene, Colour 59040, Colour 42090, Colour 45350, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
B Electro Shower Gel
B Scent Liquid Perfume
Divine Whale Soap


4 comments

  1. Australia exclusive? that's a shame. America had a shark fin soap too, i'd so join in on these causes, but we dont have them :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. I was lucky enough to grab this and recently I was very very honoured to be sent a slab of Shark Fin Soap. However, I would definitely support both of these causes if they were available world wide.

      Delete
  2. I'mJapanese.Please watch this movie.
    Behind “THE COVE”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVGklokZYWI
    Sea Shepherd is wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year Divine Whale soap is Lime, lavender, seaweed & sea salt. I just recieved 7 and plan on gifting them for xmas presents. I love the cause and am also very much into fighting for Aminal rights. I haven't used the soap yet because it just honestly looks sooo cute & the scent is absolutely beautiful. I have to buy more! Great cause & beautiful turquoise colour! :-)

    ReplyDelete


UP