Recently

12 September 2015

Lush Cocktail: Sweet Feet Foot Cocktail


Sari's 'Sweet Feet' Foot Cocktail

Contains:


Video:


Verdict:

This cocktail has been a long time coming. In fact, it was the second suggestion ever made to me on this blog and one I've gone back to time and time again over the last few months. This also happens to be the first of its kind - a cocktail designed to soothe and pamper your feet rather than your whole body - a concept that I was very intrigued to try out. 

While I have made suggestions as to the quantities you should use, I will say that you could probably reduce each portion if you want to conserve your Lush products. I found that I had a little left over of both the scrub and the massage bar so these could be reduced, and while I have cut my portions out of both products, you could just as easily use them whole if you'd rather. 

To begin your Sweet Feet experience, use the Sugar Plum Fairy Sugar Scrub as a pre-cocktail exfoliator - wetting your feet with a little cold water and then scrubbing all over until you're satisfied that they're ready for the next stage. Don't worry too much if you really buff your skin - the butters and oils present in the rest of the soak will soothe and repair afterwards.

In a basin of water, crumble the Candy Mountain Bubble Bar and then pour in boiling hot water to stimulate those bubbles and bring out the wonderful candy aroma. The water will turn a beautiful cloudy, pastel pink colour and the smell it excludes is delicious. 

Next add in your piece of the Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil - or the original bath melt of the same name if you aren't fortunate to have the bath oil around. This shares its scent with the Snow Fairy family and adds a little burst of essential butters and oils to soften the water further and help to nourish those feet as much as possible. 

Finally, the Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb can be added. If you'd prefer more of a candy-scented experience, you might opt to leave this one out as it alters the fragrance quite a bit. However, I was looking for something a little more complex than the sweet, sugary smell that the other products create so I threw in a generous chunk to finish off. 

The bath bomb deepens the colour of the cocktail - turning it into a dark blue haven of smell and bubbles. It also adds a sliver of silver lustre, which pulsates under the surface of the water and makes it an all-round stunning cocktail to look at. At this stage, a part of me wished that I'd used greater quantities and turned it into a bath as opposed to a foot soak, but it was too late now. 

To finish off, I used the Snow Fairy Sparkle Bar to massage my feet and leave them smelling like a sweet shop. As this bar is rather greasy, I would suggest that you find somewhere you can relax for a while to allow the oils to permeate the skin before trying to put on socks or walk around.

Overall, while I don't have any other foot cocktails to compare it to, I was amazed by how beautiful my feet felt and looked after soaking them in this cocktail for a good 45 minutes. This is definitely something I am going to have to do regularly, and I just hope that other foot cocktails are suggested to me so I can spoil my feet with a different one each time!

Rating: 9.2 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.














1 comment

  1. I am so excited you tried this! It totally made my day. I'm really glad you liked it!
    Sari
    Thearanya@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete


UP