Recently

11 February 2014

Aquatic Toothy Tabs


The other day, when I was reviewing Ultrablast, I thought that I had tried all of the toothy tabs in the range; until I discovered a half finished box of Aquatic toothy tabs and realised there was one final review I needed to write. Needless to say, I was probably far more excited by this fact than I should have been.

Composed of bicarbonate of soda, Kaolin powder, Sensha tea powder and Jasmine absolute, these tabs don't sound like something that would taste particularly nice to brush your teeth with. However, I know now that I can usually trust Lush with their strange and sometimes opposing flavour combinations, as most of the time, they usually create something quite wonderful and unique.  

Aquatic Toothy Tabs gently clean your teeth whilst leaving a slight floral aftertaste in your mouth. Simply nibble between your front teeth to break up the tab and start brushing. As it foams, the bicarbonate of soda gets to work whitening your teeth and joins forces with kaolin powder to remove plaque and build up. The tabs also contain a very mild abrasive to get rid of tough plaque and fine sea salt, a natural antiseptic, to give teeth that sparklingly clean feeling. 

These tabs have a subtle scent; one that I wouldn't immediately associate with tea, but that grows over time to reveal the slight woody scent of Earl Grey. I'm not a fan of tea, and when I first thought of brushing my teeth with this scent, it made me feel a little queasy. However, despite being able to pick up a slight earthy taste, it's mild enough to be pleasant, even to those who don't drink the stuff! With added jasmine oil, lime oil and wakame seaweed, you get a slight tart after taste, which makes these tabs a little bit more refreshing, without being too potent on the taste buds.

Aquatic is probably one of the more a delicate-flavoured tabs, which takes a little bit of getting used to for those of you who normally brush your teeth with a strong, minty flavoured tooth paste. In fact, to begin with, I wasn't sure I liked these as the flavour was weak and I was worried they weren't cleaning my teeth properly. However, after a few days of use, I found that I soon became accustomed to the gentle aromatic flavour and began to really appreciate not having to wash the flavour away before I could eat anything. 

These tabs are one of the more softer variations, meaning that you have to get your brush in quick otherwise the tab will just disintegrate on your tongue and leave a sticky residue in your mouth. However, they make your teeth and tongue feel really smooth and properly clean after just a single use.

One box (which contains roughly 40 tabs) will last you around three weeks, although at £3.50 a box, this is definitely more expensive than a normal tube of toothpaste. However, the results speak for themselves; my teeth felt clean throughout the entire day without the overpowering minty aftertaste that I disliked about using normal toothpaste. 

Although I was a little skeptical about these tabs tasting of Earl Grey tea, I soon discovered that the flavour is very mild, so you don't have to be a fan of the English delicacy to enjoy and use this product. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the lime was the more prominent taste here, which made them sweeter than I expected.

Overall, these are the second flavour of toothy tab that I have been more than satisfied with and I will definitely be buying these again in the future. However, these will only be bought every few months to change up my morning routine as I preferred Breath of God toothy tabs and these are £1 cheaper!

I am genuinely saddened that I have reached the end of my toothy tab exploration as I have enjoyed testing out the different flavour combinations. This is not my favourite flavour by any means, but it is one that I'll use again in the future. 

They are ideal for taking away on holiday or an overnight stay, and are handy to keep in your bag in case you need to freshen up during the day. My only issue is being able to store them in my bathroom, without wetting the box and destroying them all.

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sorbitol, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Kaolin, Organic Sencha Tea Powder, Jasmine Absolute, Lime Oil, Wakame Seaweed Powder, Fair Trade Organic Earl Grey Leaves, Fine Sea Salt, Sodium Saccharin, Flavour, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

1 comment

  1. These attracted me because of the tea flavour but I agree that they are quite subtle. I wondered how well they were cleaning my teeth too so I don't use them on a daily basis but for travelling etc. I must try the other flavours so I'll be reading through your reviews before making my decision. Jaye. :-)

    ReplyDelete


UP