Recently

27 February 2014

Inhale/Exhale Bath Bomb




Inhale/Exhale is a rather odd choice for a Mother's Day bath bomb. Firstly, is stands out like a sore thumb amongst the peaches and purples, pinks and yellows that have graced most of the range this year; a combination of red and blue isn't an immediate pairing that you'd associate with the seasonal event. 

Secondly, the ballistic shares it's scent with the popular Breath of God fragrance, a strong smokey scent that I would say is more masculine than feminine-smelling. Despite this, it's the product I was most drawn to in the range, so the first one I decided to try.

Lush describe it as a 'bath bomb of two halves', and it definitely is. The red half is scented with Inhale, a blend of neroli and rose oils which creates a wonderfully light and fruity scent; the blue half is scented with Exhale; a rich, smokey fragrance that is definitely the more potent out of the two scents. I found that this latter part dominates this bath bomb's scent, and it is only after the ballistic starts fizzing in the bath tub, that the sweeter smells begin to come through. 

What I loved about this ballistic is that both halves reacted differently when the product was placed in the water. The red side immediately began to bubble and fizz, spewing vivid red streams of foam waves around the tub. Although the blue side was also dispersing colour throughout the water, it was not until the red had completely dissolved, that this part began to work it's magic. Noticeably, the ballistic begins to slow down it's dispersal, allowing the user to enjoy a sensual bath whilst Inhale/Exhale gently releases a trail of creamy blue foam across the surface.


Lush claims that 'the Inhale half fizzes quickly, allowing you to breathe in the neroli and rose oils' before lying back and enjoying 'the grounding effect of Exhale, which fizzes more slowly to allow the opportunity for a long-lasting, indulgent bath.' What's strange is that I found this process to be the exact opposite for me. From first sniff, until it had been completely dissolved, all I could smell was the intense sandalwood, cedar wood and amber concoction. This stayed dominant until about five minutes into the bath, wherein I began to pick up the sweetness of the grapefruit, mixed with the floral elements of the rose and neroli.

Unfortunately, this bath bomb doesn't sell itself very well. Much like the Breath of God Perfume, this is a scent that doesn't hold back. In fact, I would probably say that it's the strongest Lush fragrance I've smelt so far. I know a lot of people would be put off by this product's over-poweringly musty perfume, as it's one to catch in your throat if you take too strong a sniff. This is a shame as, once the bath bomb has dissolved, the scent is dispersed somewhat so the smell is much more bearable and actually very sensual and relaxing.

One aspect I did enjoy was the surprise message that Inhale/Exhale contained inside. Once the red side has completely dispersed, a small message floats to the surface and adds that special touch to the whole experience. It reads:

 'Inhale, lay back under the water, listen to your heartbeat, Exhale and relax.'


Although not an obvious choice for a Mother's Day product, I really enjoyed trying this one out in the bath as it was very unique and very sensual. It's a bath bomb that makes a statement, and one that would work well as a permanent member of Lush's bath bomb range. Despite it's poignant scent, it does make you feel very relaxed and it leaves your skin beautifully soft and lightly scented. I'll definitely be buying this again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Neroli Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Lemon Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Cade Oil, Cream of Tartar, Cornflour, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Coumarin, *Hydroxycitronellal, Methyl Ionone, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 45410, Colour 16255, Paper Slip.


Vegan?: Yes.


2015 Price: £3.95 each.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2014.


Scent Family:
Breath of God Liquid Perfume
Breath of God Toothy Tabs
Inhale Exhale Ballistic

Under The Umbrella Tree Bath Bomb



6 comments

  1. I actually bought this for my mum the other day (and one for me too) and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! I actually wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. It's definitely a wonderful 'twist' on the usual Mother's Day scents.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review.. I can't wait to try mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this one is going to be made permanent (which could go some way to explaining why it is part of the Mother Day's products, so it could benefit from their launch). I really hope it's true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That would be amazing. Thank You so much for letting me know :)

      Delete


UP