Recently

9 February 2014

Each Peach And Twos A Pair Massage Bar


Each Peach (And Two's a Pair) is the first massage bar that I tried from Lush, back when I had no idea what one was or how I was supposed to use it. Named after one of my favourite childhood books, Each Peach Pair Plum, this massage bar is packed with a range of different oils and butters to moisturise and exfoliate your skin wonderfully. 

So why a massage bar? Firstly, by keeping the ingredients in their solid form, as opposed to a liquid state, it means that Lush don't have to include specific chemicals and preservatives to get the product to remain liquid at room temperature. Secondly, because there are only natural ingredient present in the bars, these products are great for people with sensitive skin and those that don't bode well with heavy moisturisers. Finally, keeping it in it's solid form means it is easier and more cost-effective for the company and consumer, as it requires less packaging to store. 

To use the massage bar, you can do one of two things. I tend to warm my hands up a little before carefully rubbing the bar all over my body. Once I've smeared enough on my skin, I then use my hands to massage it all over evenly. You can also use the warmth of your hands to melt the massage bar somewhat, before using this to smother it all over your skin like you would a normal lotion. 

Like most Lush products, Each Peach (And Two's a Pair) has multiple uses, all of which are equally enjoyable. As the name suggests, you could use this as a massaging tool if you have a willing friend or partner to use it on. However, I tend to use it as a luxurious alternative to a moisturiser, something I treat myself with after a relaxing bath.

Each Peach contains a range of different types of butters and oils, all of which help to make this an incredibly harmonious concoction. The key ingredient here is cocoa butter which nourishes and softens the skin, while the mango kernel butter, orange, mandarin, lime and grapefruit oils gives the bar it's beautiful fruity fragrance.  

This massage bar smells amazing! It has a really strong citrus aroma, with the lime and orange scents being the most prominent, making it very refreshing and invigorating on the skin. It a fresh, lighthearted summery fragrance that will both energise and awaken your senses. If you like From Dusk Til' Dawn, Happy Pill Ballistic and You've Been Mangoed bath melt, you'll no doubt love this sweet, fruity offering from Lush.

As with most other massage bars that I have tried so far, Each Peach left my skin super soft and feeling beautifully radiant. The gentle scent stayed with me for a long time after application, and using it over a matter of days, made my skin feel smoother and look healthier. 

It is worth noting that these bars can leave oily marks on clothing and bedding, so I tend to apply it when I know I can sit around in a towel for a while, until it has been absorbed into my skin. You also have to be careful not to apply too much all at once, otherwise this can leave you feeling greasy and rather unpleasant. 

Recently, Lush have re-invented all of their massage bars, using aerated cocoa butter to give you a lighter, more velvety massage. Having used both an old and newer version of Each Peach, I definitely agree that this change makes it feel much softer on the skin and makes it easier to apply. However, it also means that the weight of the bar has been reduced, meaning that it's just that little bit more expensive.    

I would say that, as with every other massage bar available through Lush, Each Peach (And Two's a Pair) is definitely one of the more luxurious items available. It currently retails at £5.50 for a 50g bar, making this a lot dearer than the range of body lotions available. I also only tend to get about 5-6 uses out of a single bar, meaning that it's not as cost effective as the liquid moisturisers. However, I recognise the fact that it's not supposed to be used daily, more as a treat, so I think it's still good value for money.

This is definitely a product I will buy again in the near future, and one that I would recommend everyone to try. It's one of my favourite scents in the Lush range, and definitely one of the strongest citrus-scented products in their range. It's super moisturising and a real luxury.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Perfume, Avocado Butter, Mango Kernel Butter, Lime Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Mandarin Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Safflower Petals, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.


2 comments

  1. love this massage bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of an erotic massage in Kensington London will depend entirely on the skills of the masseuse. Tantric massage is
    not easy to master.
    http://www.suprememassagelondon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete


UP