Recently

19 February 2014

Tender Is The Night Massage Bar


One thing I have noticed since starting this blog, is that there are an awful lot of Lush products inspired by some of the greatest artists of our time. My favourite facial moisturiser, Enzymion, is inspired by John Keats' beautiful poem, Endymion. Then there's the Tender Is The Night Massage Bar, which takes influence from F.Scott Fitzgerald's novel of the same name. Both products are equally as beautiful and just happen to be two of my favourite all-time Lush products. 

Tender is the Night first appeared as part of the 2013 Valentine’s Day range, an endearing cream coloured heart massage bar decorated with a baby pink centre. It looked and smelt the epitome of romance. Scented with vanilla, jasmine and ylang ylang, this gorgeous product immediately seduced me into trying it, and I've been hooked ever since. 

As part of their 2014 Valentines range, Lush have reformulated and reinvented this massage bar, swapping it's soft fondant centre for a solid blend of softening Shea butter and murumuru butter. Although not as pretty as it was in it's original guise, Tender Is The Night is still a sensual and sexy massage bar that melts easily between your hands to create the perfect massaging oil. 

As the name suggests, this product can be used to aide a full body massage for one or more lucky people. However, it can also be used as a luxury alternative to a body lotion, which is what I tend to use it for.

The texture of this bar is incredible; the oil it creates is really silky smooth and glides onto the skin beautifully. The intensely moisturising ingredients - including almond oil, cupuacu butter as well as the aforementioned shea and murumuru butters - made my skin incredibly soft and luxurious. I really felt as if I'd given my skin a royal makeover.

2013 Version
Aside from it's practicality, the bar also possessed an amazing fragrance. Scented with ylang ylang oil, vanilla absolute and Indian jasmine absolute, it has a creamy, musky, comforting yet sophisticated and floral scent that I was completely bowled over by. 

This bar is a real feast for the senses, and one that I am so glad is being made a permanent member of their regular range. Priced at £6.50, this is a little expensive if used as a lotion, as you'll probably only get 5-6 uses out of it. However, it is definitely worth purchasing it, if only to use once a month as a treat.

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter, Murumuru Butter, Almond Oil, Perfume, Organic Agave Syrup, Cupuacu Butter, Glycerine, Vanilla Absolute, Indian jasmine absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Farnesol, Colour 73360, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £6.50 for 60g.

Scent Family:
Tender Is The Night Bath Bomb
Tender Is The Night Massage Bar
Tender Is The Night Naked Shower Cream

3 comments

  1. So excited to see such a good review of this. I am heading to Lush Saturday and this is on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the original tender is the night really oily, is this one the same? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashleigh, this massage bar is definitely not as oily as the original design, although I did find it oilier than some of the other bars. One thing it's not though, is sticky. I found that with the old design, the gooey centre made it rather runny and gooey towards the end; the new design doesn't do this so it lasts longer and isn't as intense on your skin. I hope this helps :)

      Delete


UP