Recently

21 July 2015

A Token To The Forest God Toner Tab

Having had two very successful experiences with toner tabs in the past, I was expecting this tab to be in the same league. Possessing perhaps one of the coolest product names to come from Lush, A Token To The Forest God Toner Tab did not disappoint. 

Designed to cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin, this tiny tab works wonders - especially given that it is about the same size as a penny. Each tablet is carefully designed and formulated to give your complexion a natural release - removing toxins from the pores and killing bacteria so that spots cannot form on the skin. 

This particular toner tab contains a combination of sweet orange, sweet wild orange, neroli and grapefruit oil, so it's a highly fruity addition to the toner tab family. The grapefruit oil has been included to tighten and tone the skin while the orange oils reduce the size of the pores so less dirt can get trapped and cause a build up. These citrus ingredients also help to nourish the face and leave the skin feeling silky smooth. 

To use one of these toner tabs is very simple. Simply fill a medium-sized bowl with hot water, submerge your face and the bowl beneath a towel or sheet and drop the toner tab into the water. Lush state that once the tab has fully dissolved, you should remove the towel and pat your face dry. However, to get a full detox, I would recommend that you stay underneath the towel for a good five minutes. What is useful, is that the leftover water can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days after it's been used - using this to spritz your face if your skin needs that bit of extra refreshment throughout the week.

At first I was very skeptical that a small clump of 'glorified baking powder' could do anything other than cost me money. However, after using the product for the first time, I was amazed at how soft and smooth my skin felt. My complexion looked far more radiant than it had done previously and there was a slight gleam around my cheeks and eyes that helped to put a little more life into my face.

This is a great product to use in the summer months, about once a fortnight to clear pores and help replenish dry, weathered skin. I used my last of these when I came back after a week-long beach holiday and was amazed at how much better my skin felt after I sat with one of these for five minutes. 

Unfortunately, this particular toner tab is currently unavailable at the moment so it's not something I am able to invest in regularly. When it was still available (back in 2011), it came in at a very reasonable £1 per tab - a small fee for the wonders it does to your complexion. 

If Lush ever choose to bring this back, I will definitely invest in a handful to see me through the winter months. My face feels really smooth for days after using one of these and I love the uplifting scent it leaves on my face and in my bathroom. Not only this but my complexion feels really hydrated and well-pampered - not bad for a clump of what is essentially baking soda! 


Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Limonene, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral, Linalool,Colour 61570.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £2 each.

3 comments

  1. Hi Jen
    After reading your review, I remembered, I still got toner tabs around and tried them today. How could I forgotten how lovely they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love toner tabs, and this one sounds amazing! Do you think this is something the kitchen might release? I feel like they wouldn't because it's more of a niche product... I recently went into my local Lush and asked the girl for a Tea Tree tab and she was super excited because no one has ever asked her for one before! I really need to get my hands on this, perhaps I'll leave a request for the kitchen, just in case...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All they released a handful of different toner tabs a few months and they did take a while to sell, but I was very grateful to be given the opportunity to try different ones from the past. I imagine if they do another face and skin orientated week, these little beauties will come back!

      Delete


UP