Recently

2 July 2015

Lush Cocktail: Blue Skies At Twilight


Anonymous' 'Blue Skies At Twilight ' Cocktail


Contains:


Video:


Verdict:

As I'm more of a fan of seasonal products, I find that I end up having surplus amounts of baths with bombs and bubble bars that are no longer accessible to the general public. This means that some of these cocktails may look rather lovely, but it's a little like dangling food above a baby and asking them to jump for it - it's teasing those who just don't have access to the ingredients needed to make it. 

For this reason, I chose Blue Skies At Twilight to have as my cocktail because not only did it sound incredibly delicious, but it happened to combine regular products which are easily accessible to Lush fans across the globe. What I ended up experiencing was a highly indulgent and very relaxing bath - one that was perfect to help me unwind before going to sleep. 

First up I crumbled a third of a Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar under a running tap. This product can be rather stubborn, even when fresh, so I found it easier to hold it under the tap until it was soft enough to crumble. This gave me a sea of light, fluffy and very fragrant bubbles and turned the water a pale shade of blue. 

A combination of patchouli and frankincense makes up the most dominant part of this fragrance and it was really strong in the tub by this stage - an exotic and very sexy aroma to help you relax your mind and loosen up your muscles before bed. While I don't always mention this bubble bar on my blog, it happens to be one of my favourites and I would highly recommend that you try it out for yourself. 

Next I added in an entire Floating Island Bath Melt, although you could easily use a half or a third and still get a very desirable outcome. This melt adds a thick and very creamy vanilla aroma with a touch of sandalwood - a warming and very aromatic fragrance that pads out the other scents and makes the water even softer once you're submerged underneath it. 

Finally, I threw in a favourite of mine - the Twilight Bath Bomb and watched as waves of pink and blue bubbled and spewed out across the surface of the water. The strong, creamy lavender element of this ballistic dominated the entire bath, and while I was very happy with the outcome, it might be worth using only a half if you want to detect the other elements a little stronger. 

Overall, this bath was exactly what I needed to unwind and relax - a cocktail that'll leave your skin as soft as a baby's and smelling good enough to eat. This is an experience I will time and time again - especially as I have trouble sleeping and this sent me right off into the land of the nod very quickly afterwards. Simple but effective, and very good value for money. 

Rating: 8.9 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.


















3 comments

  1. This looks great, will be buying these items on my next kitchen purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love LUSH ancrn86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love LUSH ancrn86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


UP