Recently

11 July 2015

Beautiful Shower Sheet


Although shower gel is my Achilles heel when it comes to Lush, there are still times when I want something a little different in the shower or bath. In these moments, I normally turn to my favourite bar of FUN or scoop out a generous helping of buttercream to satisfy my cravings. However, with the sun beating through the window, I knew that I needed something seriously fruity and uplifting, and this was the first product that caught my eye. 

Inspired by a song written by Carole King, Beautiful Shower Sheet shares its name with the shower gel of the same name - two products that are currently exclusive to the Oxford Street flagship store. Scented with Lush's 1000 Kisses Deep fragrance, this refreshing and very beautiful aroma is a perfect companion on those stuffy summery evenings.   

Much like the Beautiful Shower Gel, this shower sheet offers a fresh, fruity citrus aroma that encapsulates the zest of freshly peeled and squeezed oranges. Much like the perfume, it's almost as if someone has bottled the very fragrance you get when peeling back a fresh orange - a combination of the sweetness of the fruit and the bitter, slight tart note of the pith. 
While I wasn't initially excited about the scent of this, it has since grown on me and I now happen to really love the almost bittersweet smell of this shower product. Fans of The Sun will no doubt appreciate this as it's very similar in how it represents the fresh but slightly sour element of citrus fruit. 

Using dehydrated melon to create the main body of the product, this shower sheet works like a dream. Simply tear a small piece off of the corner, wet it under the running water and massage it over your skin. You'll discover that it foams up just like a shower gel would - creating a thick, creamy lather that cleans your body and leaves it feeling silky-soft to the touch. Furthermore, the gorgeous citrusy scent stays on your skin for a good while after you've towelled yourself down and can be deepened with a spritz from the perfume afterwards. 

Unfortunately, while I have painted a rather positive picture of this product, it does have its flaws. Firstly, this sheet is a little bigger than A5 in size and will set you back a rather hefty £12.95 - a mere £3 less than a 500g bottle of the shower gel version. For this reason, I was expecting the shower sheet to be either reusable or resilient to water so it would have a long shelf life in my bathroom. Unfortunately, I found that once the product got wet, it disintegrated rather quickly and there was no way I would have been able to reuse the piece I had taken into the shower with me.   

On the positive side, this shower sheet is a great travel companion. When compared to the weight of even a 100g bottle of shower gel, this is far lighter and easier to carry. Additionally, this shower sheet can be bent, folded or divided up to fit into any space required. As long as its kept dry, this would be something you could take with you to a festival and know that you'd have less to carry back with you at the end of your stay. 

Not only this, but I do love the fact that all of the shower sheets require no packaging to store or carry, and once they've been used up you have nothing to throw away and add to the already overfilled landfills. Solid for the win!
However, I still maintain that these shower sheets are more of a novelty product and don't offer something that's particularly good value for money. As a one-off gesture for a loved one, it would be acceptable to purchase this to present as a gift, but I cannot see this being something that a consumer would buy regularly in place of a shower gel. For this reason, I will continue to enjoy my sheet until it has been used up but would not purchase it again.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Honeydew Melon Pulp (Cucumis melo), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Cellulose, Limonene, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Osmanthus Absolute (Osmanthus fragrans), Myrrh Resinoid (Commiphora myrrha), Titanium Dioxide, DRF Alcohol, Lilial, Coumarin, Linalool, Colour 47005, Colour 42090, Colour 77499, Colour 19140:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £12.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family: 
1000 Kisses Deep Liquid Perfume
1000 Kisses Solid Perfume

No comments

Post a Comment


UP