Recently

18 July 2015

Supertramp Bubble Bar



Back when the Lush Kitchen first opened its doors, Supertramp Shower Gel was one of the first products to come flying out of there. After the bitter blow that many Lush fans felt when they discovered Tramp was being discontinued, this seemed to be the company's attempt at keeping the rebellion at bay. So it was only natural then that Lush would progress onto other products in this scent in an attempt to win over those hard-laced Tramp fans. 

Supertramp is a very unique bubble bar - a green, mossy offering that is unlike anything else that Lush currently offer online and in store. Sporting a pale green and pink demeanour, this exclusive product boasts a design that is the same size and shape as the popular Comforter and Brightside Bubble Bars. Priced at a very reasonable £3.75 each, this is one of the better value bath products on the market, and one that I can see proving to be very popular in the long run.

Made from a mossy blend of ginger, sandalwood and petitgrain oils, this bubble bar does share its traits with the shower gel, yet there is something rather grounded about the smell of the bar that you don't get with the bottled variation. In a way, the gel format is slightly sweeter and far 'greener' in smell, whereas the bubble bar smells more like dried moss and patchouli, and doesn't have the gentle cooling peppermint element that the gel has. 

While there seems to be a lack of patchouli in the ingredients list, this bubble bar offers a far more earthy, musky sort of smell - a little like powdered ginger intertwined with the sweetness of the patchouli and a strange, woody sort of note from the sandalwood. In a way, I find the scent of this to be much more pleasing on the senses than the original shower gel and bubble bath release.
Furthermore, once the bubble bar has been crumbled under the running tap and the tub is full of fluffy bubbles, the fragrance is elevated ten-fold and you're left with a really strong and beautiful scented bath to indulge in. While it was disappointing to discover that the water remained colourless after the bar had been crumbled, I was impressed with the amount of soft, fluffy bubbles it amassed and how long they remained present during the experience. 

Not only this, but the water itself with like silk - a thick, creamy consistency that immediately softened my skin and left it feeling incredible smooth and well-nourished. It was very much like having a bath oil or melt present without any of the excess grease or oils that you can sometimes get on the surface of the water. 

The inclusion of the pettigrain oil not only gave this bubble bar its sweet, green smell, but helped to make it an wonderfully uplifting experience - one that helped to alleviate my mental fatigue and leave my skin feeling and looking revitalised. So while it wasn't a product that I was immediately drawn to when I purchased it, it is one that I have grown to appreciate quite a bit. 
Whether or not you appreciate earthy, mossy smells, this is one that I can  definitely see being a bridge between those who don't like the greener smells and those that do. I for one really enjoyed this - more than I actually thought that I would, and I would definitely buy this again to use in Cocktails and lighter bathing experiences during the summer months. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cornflour (Zea mays), Pimento Berry Oil (Pimenta officinalis), Petitgrain Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Soft Pink Glimmer Lustre, Soft Green Glimmer Lustre (Cornstarch, Maltodextrin, Mica, Colour 19140, Colour 42090).

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:



4 comments

  1. Excellent to read this, have been hoping you would review Supertramp bubble bar and looking forward to your verdict. Definitely agree about the shower gel and for that reason this came as a surprise hit for me. Great and very thoughtful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Tramp Shower Gel so much so when I found out Oxford Street were bringing this out, I was so damn happy! And I love it so much as well. It helps me when I have a fuzzy head after a bad day of hayfever and it's also such pretty colours too.

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I'd love to be able to get my hands on anything Supertramp. I have the shower gel and it's my fave Lush scent of all time. I also like Furze and Flowers Barrow oils. Are there any people you know of doing trades that might be able to help me get a few of these? I'm in Australia and would be happy to part with a Roller from the most recent kitchen release as well as cost of products. susandejong2003@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete


UP