Recently

26 July 2015

Double Vitality Bath Oil



While the opening of the Oxford Street flagship store ran smoothly, there were a few products that didn't quite make it out of the factory in time to announce their presence to the world. Although most fanatics made a point of visiting in those initial weeks, it took a while for some of the bubble bars and bath oils to appear on the shop floor. This is one such product. 

Double Vitality is perhaps the bath oil that stands out above the rest - appealing to the child-like cravings present in all of us. While the collection of oils and melts are colourful and impressive to any eye, this is perhaps the one that many people would flock to first. And with good reason. 

Designed to look like a miniature star-shaped macaroon, this unique bath oil is a little bigger in size than all of the spherical ones that nestle around it in store. Made from two stars sandwiched together with a generous helping of essential oils and butters to join them together, this product is supposed to give you a double dose of vitality, and indeed it does. 
Made from a pairing of lemon and peppermint oil, this refreshing and equally interesting collaboration offers a sweet, fruity and uplifting fragrance - one that is a little more rounded and complex than I was initially expecting. Out of the packet you can make out the lemon, yet there is also a sort of cloudy raspberry element to it, which isn't very prominent overall but does remind me of Razzle Dazzle a little. 

Once it's been added to the bath water, you begin to get a gentle minty aroma, which is not as dominating as you would imagine - instead adding a cool, crisp and rather refreshing note to the overall experience so that it compliments the fruity component instead of overpowering it. There is a perfect dose of both fragrances so that they work together well. 

Unfortunately, the one aspect that let Double Vitality down is the fact that it wasn't very buoyant in the water - sinking immediately to the bottom of the tub and doing very little in the way of melting. Despite the heat of the water, it took me massaging it between my fingers for the oils to begin dispersing across the surface and even then the small droplets of oils didn't dissolve into the water as I was expecting them to. 

Having said this, I was surprised to find that the pink swirls didn't stain myself or the bath tub and the product still offered a very soft and fragrant experience to submerge myself in. The peppermint allowed me to clear my head while I was relaxing, while the shea and cocoa butters left the water silky-soft and very nourishing on my skin. 

While I have only awarded this bath oil a four, this is mostly due to the fact that it doesn't offer an experience as effective in the tub as the other bath oils did. Despite this, I still really enjoyed the aroma of this and think it would work really well as a shower gel or jelly. I will be buying this again to use in cocktails but it's definitely not my favourite when it comes to Lush's new bath oil range. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Sodium Bicarbonate, PEG–6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Laureth 4, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Perfume, Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 



7 comments

  1. Hey! I'm new to your blog. Just asking how your rating system works. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen!! A little unrelated but... I'm panicking a bit. I just looked on the lush website and rose jam has disappeared!! Not only that, but Ro's Argon is also listed as unavailable... :S The new green and yuzu and cocoa bubbleroons are already up for sale, as is the new karma bubble bar design. So why has rose jam disappeared completely? And why is Ro's Argon unavailable? It makes me worried they're phasing out the rose jam scent, especially now they've gotten rid of Amandopondo, Tisty Tosty and Rose Queen.... Are they slowly removing all their rose scented products?
    Or even worse, is there an ingredients problem and that's why they've stopped making/selling rose jam and Ro's Argon? I hope you know the answer. I'm very concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably having some issues getting the raw items that make the products. There is no word of them getting rid of Rose Jam at all. It's one of their best selling scents. ^_^

      Delete
    2. I ordered some rose jam bubbleroons online along with a bunch of other stuff and when my parcel arrived there was no rose jam bubbleroons, so I emailed lush and they said they were having trouble making the perfume, I guess because of supply issues.

      Delete
    3. Wait, what, Tisty Tosty is being discontinued too? :o

      Delete
  3. I really love your blog! I am newly vegan and I am working on changing my blog to focus on vegan makeup etc. I love Lush so I will be keeping a close eye on your blog :)

    Love M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! Im obsessed with your blog! i just wanted to ask do the bath oils stain your skin?because I'm going to oxford street to get stuff for my birthday and since the bath oils are so cheap i might as well get a lot because i won't be going to oxford street any time soon after that so can you please reply telling me if they they do stain or not? Thanks x:)

    ReplyDelete


UP