Recently

28 July 2015

Sea Spray Hair Mist


If you're not a bath bomb or a body lotion, chances are that it'll take me a good year to getting around to trying you out. It's very easy to plonk a ballistic in the bath and get instant feedback on whether or not it was an enjoyable experience; you can smear a part of your body with a body lotion and know straight away whether or not you like the smell, and whether it's right for your skin. But when it comes to other Lush products, they often need weeks or even months of regular usage, for you to decide how you feel about it. Such is the case with Sea Spray Hair Mist.

Initially, I bought this because it was in the Christmas sale last year, and it was a product from their range that I had yet to try. Much like their range of facial toners, it wasn't a product at the top of my list, so it probably would have been overlooked for longer, had it not been reduced. As it is, I'm so glad that I bought it when I did, as I would have probably gone a further year before experiencing it's amazing powers.

Leaving your hair 'fresh, uplifted and perfumed', Sea Spray is both a salty and fruity spritz, designed to give volume and hold to your hair throughout the day. Directions state that you can either use it on hair already in place, to naturally support your style, or simply spray it on to refresh your hair whenever you feel you need a little boost. 

To begin with I was a little worried about using this product. Having used Irresistible Bliss Solid Shampoo for the duration of the summer, my hair was looking and feeling better than it has ever done in my life. There was no way I wanted to revert back to the dry, limp style I had before. Furthermore, I remember using many styling gels and waxes when I was younger, and remember how greasy and rough my hair would feel for days afterwards. So I was a little skeptical that this product would be any different. However, I was proved very very wrong.

Made with sea water, fine sea salt and carrageenan extract, this spray smells like summer in a bottle - a fresh, salty scent reminiscent of being on the beach, by the sea. It also contains neroli, grapefruit and rosewood oils, which add that slightly zesty smell to it, so that it's not as savoury as you would expect. Lush have included carrageenan, a seaweed extract, together with glycerine to hydrate the hair. So despite the addition of salt, which can be rather drying if not used correctly, this sea spray will keep your hair soft and manageable. It's a beautiful light and uplifting summery fragrance - one that can be enjoyed by females and males. It shares it's scent with Happy Happy Joy Joy, which I was really happy about as I didn't have a lot of luck with that conditioner, despite enjoying it's fragrance. 

What is important to note, is that I found this product needs to be used in a certain way to make it effective. The first time I tried this, I sprayed it onto my head and ended up with areas of my hair that looked rather wet and greasy. These were really hard to get out without washing my hair all over again, so it looked a little bit silly.

However, the second time I tried it, I sprayed the mist into my hands, and then gently ran my fingers through my hair, which helped me to apply it evenly as well as control just how much I applied to begin with. When it's done in this way, the product was truly wonderful and really did hold my hair in place for the entirety of the day. Furthermore, when it was in my hair, it didn't feel heavy or look oily or greasy. In fact, when I ran my hand over my hair, I could barely feel that there was anything in there to begin with.

It was super soft on my hair, and didn't effect the hard work that my shampoo and conditioner have to do to keep my hair in tip-top condition. Additionally, the smell wafted about me throughout the day and perked my mood up every time it did. 

Priced at £9.95 for a 100g bottle, it is a little on the pricier side. However, I've been using this 4-5 times a week for the last six months, and I'm not even a third of the way through the bottle. It's established itself as a firm favourite of mine and I'll definitely be purchasing this again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Carrageenan Extract, Sea Water, Glycerine, Perfume, Fine Sea Salt, Limonene, Linalool, PVP, Neroli Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Rosewood Oil, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Lilial, Citral, *Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £9.95 for 100g. 


Scent Family:
Frozen Bath Bomb
Frozen Liquid Perfume
Frozen Solid Perfume
Shine So Bright Hair Balm

7 comments

  1. I just chopped all my hair off and bought a bottle of this. the smell is amazing, but i was having the same luck as you when sprayed directly onto hair. a change of plan time, methinks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loribaisden@hotmail.com29 July 2015 at 00:30

    So crushed. Stayed up till 3am my time to order the abombinaball, refreshed my page every minute. Had two in my basket checked out and as I went to pay it said "we're really sorry, but one of your items is low on stock"-what! I'm so sad. I really wanted that and the one this Friday but I can't do two nights of staying up till 3, not getting anything and it's worth nothing. I'm not greedy why are so many other people where it sells out that fast.
    How do you manage to get the kitchen items?So crushed. Stayed up till 3am my time to order the abombinaball, refreshed my page every minute. Had two in my basket checked out and as I went to pay it said "we're really sorry, but one of your items is low on stock"-what! I'm so sad. I really wanted that and the one this Friday but I can't do two nights of staying up till 3, not getting anything and it's worth nothing. I'm not greedy why are so many other people where it sells out that fast.
    How do you manage to get the kitchen items?So crushed. Stayed up till 3am my time to order the abombinaball, refreshed my page every minute. Had two in my basket checked out and as I went to pay it said "we're really sorry, but one of your items is low on stock"-what! I'm so sad. I really wanted that and the one this Friday but I can't do two nights of staying up till 3, not getting anything and it's worth nothing. I'm not greedy why are so many other people where it sells out that fast.
    How do you manage to get the kitchen items?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops didn't realize it double up my message there. Sorry for that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see your review of Enchanted Eye Cream and the Tea Tree Toner Water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there - I've already reviewed Tea Tree but I've just not released it yet! However, I don't think Enchanted is vegan so I won't be able to review that!

      Delete

  5. Thanks for the tip G...This is a GREAT deal, and today is my birthday, so I just got it as my birthday present to myself..

    Ecru Volumizing Silk Mist

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very enjoyed for this blog. It's an informative topic. It helps me very much to solve some problems. Thank you for sharing this blog.
    Buy Special Blue Room Spray

    ReplyDelete


UP