Recently

27 August 2015

Fox In The Flowers Bath Bomb




If you dislike strong aromas or find yourself reacting badly to anything that makes you sneeze or cough or wince, this is not a bath bomb you want to purchase. In fact, if you find yourself in the same room as this very product, I would suggest you throw yourself into the nearest cupboard and hope that the oxygen doesn't run out before someone comes and removes the culprit. 

While I've had some pungent bath bombs in my time, Fox In The Flowers takes the crown for ballistic most likely to suffocate you with its fragrance. While it was not Lush's intent to make it so overpowering, the combination of ingredients featured means that this is one that leaves a lasting impression - on both your senses and your skin...and probably your neighbour's dog its so powerful. 

Designed to replicate 'a magical summer walk through the woods as day breaks, slick with rain and the rich scent of upturned earth', the arrival of this bath bomb was a rather bittersweet moment at first. With the rain pummelling on the windows and my feet neatly tucked under the hem of the oversized cardigan I was draped in, it brought on the reality that summer was slowly disappearing and winter was peeping from behind the curtain.  

Sporting a beautiful pastel-green demeanour - one slightly darker than that of the All That Jas bath bomb, this ballistic is made even more stunning by the inclusion of a dried rose decoration on the surface and chamomile and blue mallow flowers threaded throughout it's middle. While this isn't the messiest of bathing products to come from Lush, this is definitely one that needs a sieve if you hate any sort of debris in your bath. 

While I would describe the scent of this to be a floral one, it's definitely not a typical flowery aroma. In fact, I'd feel as if I was underselling this product by labelling it as so. Made from a unique combination of chamomile and blue mallow flowers, this bath bomb is far deeper and more complex than most other floral aromas that I have tried from Lush. 

To me, the initial note I get from Fox In The Flowers is the smell of freshly cut, damp grass. However, this is immediately followed by an array of different 'green' smells. Firstly, this bath bomb reminded me of walking through the garden of a country house that has recently been watered - the ivy stretching up the walls of the house; the dandelions and nettles intertwined and giving off that chlorophyll-dominated smell you get with leaves; the dry twigs of deceased plants offering a gentle wet woody aroma underneath everything. 

This bath bomb has a really deep and complex floral aroma - one that is complimented by the tiniest dry citrus note that elevates the flowery smell to new levels of beauty. The slightest hint of lavender in the mix makes this mesmerising on the senses, and while I didn't appreciate the abruptness of the fragrance to begin with, I found myself craving another bath with the product after I'd experienced it for the first time.

Lush describe the bath bomb as smelling like 'cut grass, wild flowers, and woodlands', and I couldn't agree more. To make it even more beautiful, when the bomb erupts and fizzes away in the tub, you'll left with a stunning array of mossy-green coloured water and a handful of flowers to make this one of the most gorgeous baths I have had in a while.   

On the positive side, this bath bomb left me feeling really refreshed and 'light on my feet' - with skin that glowed and pertained a little fragrance to see me through a good couple of hours afterwards. Furthermore, while the aroma splayed out a little in the water and wasn't so overbearing as it was in the wrapper, it still offered a very fragrant bathing experience and didn't lose its smell, even though I was in there a good hour.

However, I feel as if Fox In The Flowers is a bath bomb that inspires quite a strong reaction from those who discover it. For some, the scent will be far too potent on the senses and would almost bring about a headache for those more sensitive to smells - while for others, the love affair will be an instant one.

I feel very privileged to have been able to try this out for myself, and although I will say that I really enjoyed using it, it's not one that I would necessarily run out to buy again if they were made available in the future. Most notably, the green stain around the outside of my bath was a little off-putting and definitely put a bit of a downer on the whole experience at the end.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Roman Chamomile Flowers, Rosebuds, Blue Mallow Flowers, Lime Tree Flowers, Lavender Absolute, Nettle Absolute, Lavendin Absolute, Water (Aqua), Chlorophyllin.

Vegan?: Yes.


2015 Price: £3.95 each.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.


Year Of Original Release: 2003.





4 comments


  1. It stained my bath too :( it's not a nice feeling leaving the bathroom smelling of cillit bang rather than a lovely bath bomb!
    I'm a bit confused as to whether I enjoyed this one or not, I'm not really sure what happened with this one! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same - didn't enjoy the mess but found the bath bomb a lot more enjoyable once it had been diluted in the water. The other two I have have completely stunk out my room, and not necessarily in a good way.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen I know it's early but when do you think the Christmas/Halloween collection will be released? I need to know if I should start saving!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be out towards the end of September - it normally comes about a week after the Halloween range, which is online from the 18th. And put it this way, you DEFINITELY need to start saving ;)

      Delete


UP