Recently

6 August 2015

Ginger Bath Oil



Ever since I first used Badass Shower Gel for the first time, I have been plagued with a strong dislike for the Ginger scent range. While the body lotion was an improvement on the gel and the Lemon Days And Ginger Beer Bath Bomb was slightly more tolerable, I have always been very underwhelmed by any product that claims to share the same fragrance.

When I discovered that the gorgeous looking golden bath oil was called Ginger, I was extremely disappointed. Not only did it mean that I'd have to endure a bath I was sure I would end up hating, but it also meant that there was one less new aroma for me to enjoy in this format. Despite my reservations for this bath oil, I made sure that I treated it a fairly as would any other product, and was rather surprised when I found myself almost enjoying its company in the bath tub.    

Cut from the same mould that most of the other new bath oils have come fromthis beauty is packed full of essential butters and oils to nourish your skin and leave you feeling as soft as a baby. With shea butter and cocoa butter to moisture and condition, this grape-sized offering is effective enough to be used by itself, or if you'd rather, you could combine it with a bath bomb to pad out the fragrance and add extra softening powers to the water.   

Although named Ginger, this product doesn't smell like the freshly cut root that I dislike - instead offering a complex smell made up of mimosa, rose, jasmine and ginger oils. The former three ingredients help to give this bath oil a little depth - showcasing a slight sweetness from the mimosa and a delicate floral element from the rose and jasmine. To round this off, the ginger gives the product a warming and slightly spicy element - enough to make this fragrance far more interesting than I've experienced it in other formats. 

Coated with a think layer of lustre, this bath oil should not be confused with The Sun. While they are very similar in colour, this one parades a golden outer shell while the aforementioned product has a slightly paler bronze coating. Once Ginger has been melting in the bath for a matter of minutes, you'll notice that the glitter sinks to the bottom of the tub - leaving a sunflower-yellow ball of oils and butters to contend with. 

Unlike other bath oils that I have used in the past, this one was fairly stubborn at melting, and I ended up massaging it myself to speed up the process. Ginger turns the water a very faint yellow colour - something you may want to consider if you're planning on using it by itself. While it didn't stain my tub and the lustre washed away with ease afterwards, I did find that some of essential oils didn't dissolve very quickly and I had to swish them around in order to stop them attaching themselves to the sides of my bath. 

Surprisingly, this was one of the strongest bath oils I have tried from Lush's new range - something that would have initially put me off, but a characteristic that actually made this bath oil rather appealing. On the positive side, Ginger also left my skin feeling really soft and well-nourished - a benefit that was noted pretty quickly after I had submerged myself under the water; the water wasn't at all greasy.
While it wasn't the best smelling melt I have tried, it definitely wasn't one I would be opposed to using again. This is probably my favourite format for this scent, and although it's far from my favourite - probably still one of my least favourite smells to come from the company, it's one that would work well with many of the citrus products on offer from the company. For this reason, I might very well purchase it again to use in cocktails - definitely a step up from what I thought was going to be a miserable experience. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Alpha- Isomethyl ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Oakmoss Extract (Evernia Prunastri), Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Radiant Gold and Gold Glimmer Lustre (Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Synthetic Fluorphlogite, Colour 77492, Silica), Colour 19140:1, Colour 47005:1.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:
Badass Gel Shower Gel
Boo Bath Melt and Bubble Bar
Ginger Bath Oil
Ginger Body Lotion
Ginger Liquid Perfume
Lemon Days And Ginger Beer Bath Bomb
Sex N The Shower Emotibomb



2 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips guys. They were all great. I have been having issues with being fat both mentally and physically. Thanks to you guys i have been showing improvements. Do post more. Natural Ginger Products Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice information about ginger oil for body massage with us. i glad to read this post.

    ReplyDelete


UP