Recently

26 August 2015

Lush Cocktail: Sweetness & Light


Kle's 'Sweet & Light' Cocktail

Contains:


Video:


Verdict:

There are some fragrances that you forget how much you love until they come back around and surprise you - The Olive Branch is one such smell. When I saw this recipe in my cocktails book, I just knew it would be the perfect way to rekindle my love for the scent, while also enjoying a gorgeous looking bath to boot. 

What is great about Sweetness & Light is that it doesn't require that many ingredients, and you could even conserve your Lush products by halving both the bubble bar and bath bomb featured. You would still get an equally amazing experience out of this I'm sure, but whenever I indulge in a cocktail, I always go full out with the recipe.

First up I crumbled an entire Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar under the running tap. As you can see from my video, I chose to use one of the reformulated bubble bars and was amazed at how much more colourful and vivid the product turned the water - it's definitely a step up from the older version.

What I loved about PITB was just how many bubbles it created and how velvety-soft the water was within a matter of minutes. The bubbles themselves were thick, creamy and fragrant  - the perfect start to what I hoped would be an amazing cocktail.

Up next I added in squirts of both The Olive Branch and Yummy Mummy Shower Gel. The former has lots of essential oils and shares its scent with Pop In The Bath, so it was just an opportunity to make a few more bubbles and extend the smell a little bit further. In hindsight, I could have probably left this product out as the bubble bar was strong enough to work wonders by itself.

The latter shower gel has a very different scent to the first two products - a strong, musky floral strawberry aroma. This limited edition shower gel is really thick and creamy and immediately made its presence known when it made contact with the hot water. While I was worried that it would clash with the other scents, I found that the sweetness complimented the tangerine and bergamot elements of The Olive Branch and worked really well at creating one of the best smelling baths I have experienced in a while.

Finally, I added in a Butterball Bath Bomb - a rather plain looking ballistic but one that adds essential oils and butters to make this an incredibly moisturising experience for your skin. I loved how the rich, buttery chocolate smell intertwined with Yummy Mummy - I couldn't wait to get in. 

Overall, this bath was fantastic - a unique and very different experience to what I was expecting. Sweetness & Light has a very rich, fruity smell, yet at the same time there is a deep, buttery element to it which makes it that little bit extra special. I would definitely make this cocktail again - in both winter and summer as its versatile in that sense, and I highly recommend that you try it out for yourself. 

Rating?: 8.9 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.
































No comments

Post a Comment


UP