Recently

3 August 2015

Best Washes Washcard



When I first discovered that this washcard shared its fragrance with the popular Snow Fairy scent family, I was in two minds about whether or not I was excited at the prospect. As a lot of other Lush fans can relate to, the seasonal Christmas shower gel was one of the main reasons that I fell so heavily into Lush to begin with. Not a Christmas would go by when I didn't purchase multiple 500g bottles to see me through the year - it was the product that I looked forward to more than any other. 

Yet, after many years, it has lost its appeal somewhat and is now no longer one of the shower gels I stock up on at all. In fact, last year I didn't even buy a single bottle for myself - a monumental occasion that I would never have envisaged for myself in the beginning.

Best Washes Washcard is one of two smaller, postcard-sized shower sheets exclusive to the Oxford Street store. As with all of Lush's new innovative shower sheets, this product is made from a combination of dried honeydew melon and an array of essential oils. 
Fragranced with a generous helping of synthetic musk, this shower sheet does have elements of the Snow Fairy scent. However, I would say that it is closer to the perfume variation than the shower gel format. Before use, this unique shower companion gives off a gentle bubblegum-esque aroma - a powdery and very sugary-sweet smell. 

Once in contact with the water, it offers the user little bursts of melon and vanilla, giving it somewhat of a fruity, powdery fragrance to enjoy. While the overall smell is definitely a candy/bubblegum aroma, you do occasionally make out different notes which is nice.

To use, simply tear off a small piece (about the size of the circumference of one of Lush's solid perfume tins) and add a little water to the mix. The sheet will foam up rather quickly and produce a creamy lather that can then be massaged across the body.

What is great about this shower sheet - as I have found with most of the ones I have tried so far, is that the scent lingers on the skin for quite a while after you've towelled yourself down, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it also left my skin feeling really silky-smooth and with a slight glossy shine to it, which was nice. 
As with all of Lush's shower sheets, I was initially deterred from trying this because of its price tag. At £4.95 per sheet, Best Washes is a little on the expensive side - especially given that I estimate this sheet lasting me between 16 - 20 showers. For the same price you can invest in a 100g bottle, which would almost double the amount of showers I would get out of it. 

Having said this, this washcard allows fans of Snow Fairy a chance to use something with their favourite scent all year round - they won't be tied into waiting for the Christmas selection to make an appearance before they can begin using it again. 

While I think these make a great product to take with you when you've travelling as there's no risk of spillage, I would not invest in these regularly, and given that I don't love Snow Fairy as much as I used to, I can make do with the many other seasonal shower gels that I have hoarded instead. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Honeydew Melon Pulp (Cucumis melo), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Cellulose, Synthetic Musk, Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), DRF Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Limonene, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 19140, Colour 42090, Colour 77499, Colour 19140:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:
Best Washes Wash Card
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Candy Fluff Ballistic
Candy Fluff Perfume
Candy Fluff Dusting Powder
Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
Father Christmas Bath Bomb
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb
Godmother Soap
Lush Mechanic Cold-Pressed Soap
Magic Wand Bubble Bar
Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil
Mmmelting Marshmallow Bath Melt
Pink Easter Egg Ballistic
Snow Fairy Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Body Spray
Snow Fairy Cold-Pressed Soap
Snow Fairy Jelly Bath Bomb
Snow Fairy Lip Tint
Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume
Snow Fairy Naked Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Naked Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Solid Perfume
Snow Fairy Sparkle Jar
Snow Fairy Sparkle Massage Bar


3 comments

  1. Hello Jen! I bought the Don't Look At Me face mask and I feel like it shares its scent with Happy Happy Joy Joy. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see your reasoning - it does smell rather similar - perhaps the orange element gives it that note. However, I don't really detect the floral elements that I would expect if it did share its smell!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen! I thought I'd let you know that I ordered some things from Lush today! I bought the Apandapand Soap, Bouncy Bunny, Best Washes, It's Rainig Man, and King of Skin. It's because of you that I got so obsessed with Lush! Haha! What are your thoughts on my haul? I'd love to know! Xx

    ReplyDelete


UP